Chapter 15

Clary POV

"Oh come on. Just try it on," Izzy pleads as she holds up a dress that's way too short for my liking. Old me would have liked it, but new me? Nope. Nada. Keine Chance. Peidiwch byth eto. Cecily looks over from the rack she's looking at and shakes her head.

"No thanks Iz. I think I'm gonna try this one on," I state picking a cream dress with cap sleeves and a light gray design making its way up the dress before fading away. Aline gives me an approving look as she looks through a rack of crimson dresses. I head towards the changing rooms and step inside one.

I slip the dress on and zip it up. The dress hugs my curves nicely and it hits me about mid thigh. Deciding it will look better, I pull my hair into a ponytail with a single strand loose in the front.

Someone knocks on the door. "Clary! We wanna see!" Isabelle yells through the door.

"Okay, okay!" I call back as I open the door.

Izzy looks at me and gasps slightly and Aline smiles like crazy. "OMG CLARY YOU LOOK AMAZING!" Izzy shouts. It's like she has no regard for the fact we're in public.

Cecily looks up and her eyes widen as she pulls something off the rack. She rushes to the other side of the store and is back in less than a minute. "Try these on with it and see how it looks," she commands as she hands me a light brown cargo jacket and light gray heeled boots. "You'll thank me later. Trust me," she adds as she pushes me back slightly.

I shake my head as I shrug the jacket on and slip into the books. I walk out and to the triple mirror and look at myself. Cecily was right, I'm gonna have to thank her.

The earth tones look good together. The jacket stops a few inches above the hem line of the dress and fits perfectly. "Oh. My. God. Cecily, this is amazing!" I exclaim with a smile on my face.

"Oh stop," she says flipping her hair slightly and moving her hand ever so slightly. Aline laughs as she wraps her arm around Cecily's neck.

"Okay, I'm gonna go get changed and pay for this," I say motioning to my outfit. I go into the changing room again and get back in my own outfit, a Nirvana t shirt, gray skinny jeans, white converse, and a green cargo jacket.

I decide to just go and pay while Cecily tries a top on and the others wait for her. After paying I text them that I'm going to the Starbucks kiosk around the corner.

The mall is unusually busy today. With spring right around the corner, a lot of people want to get the new trends. I order my passion tango iced tea sweetened. I sit at a table while I text Jace.

Jace: How's shopping with Iz and my cousin?

Clary: Surprisingly bearable.

Jace: Are you sure we're talking about the same Isabelle Sophia Lightwood?

I laugh slightly before I start typing again.

Clary: Maybe she's waiting for an opportunity to sink her claws in

I can see Jace is typing when someone calls out my name. Someone male.

Someone I never wanted to hear speak again.

I slowly turn and my eyes widen when I see him.

Mark Blackthorn.

I stand up and back away slightly. He looks the exactly the same with his slightly styled brown hair and piercing blue eyes. He smiles as he sees me. He takes a step towards me and I take three more back.

"What the hell are you doing here Mark?" I ask, my voice wavering slightly.

He smirks slightly. "You think I'd key you go to New York by yourself. Who else would love you like I do? No one," he says coolly.

"Shut up. D-do you really think I'll let you do this to me again? I found someone Mark. So you can get away from me," I say as I look around for Iz or Aline or Cecily. I see them walking over in the distance. For now, I have to stall him. "You were wrong Mark."

My phone buzzes and I look to see Jace texted me back.

Jace: Yeah, maybe. Do you wanna meet up at my place tonight and watch scary movies? Play video games?

Clary: How quickly can you get here?

Jace: Within seven minutes. Why?

Clary: Just come. Please?

I quickly shove the phone in my pocket to see him eyeing me suspiciously. "Who's that? The guy you're foolish enough to think he loves you?"

"He does love me. More than you did anyways."

"But does he know all your dirty little secrets?" Mark smirks as he talks.

My eyes widen before I grab my drink and rush off. As I walk past the three I grab Aline's arm and drag her as I walk to the exit.

"What's going on Clary?" Aline asks as we walk.

"Mark's here. I don't know when our why but he's here. And he's threatening me," I explain.

Aline gasps next to me. "You mean--?"

"Yeah. That. He basically said he would tell Jace, Aline." I stop and hold her shoulders while I talk to her. "No one can know what I did Aline. If Jace wasn't even somewhat scared off by my suicide attempt then what's he gonna think when he finds out what I did back in Chicago. Once I'm discovered that's it. Game over."

Aline nods knowingly. "I'll try to find a way to get rid of him. You lay low. Nothing's going to ruin your chances here."

I nod and look out the glass doors to see Jace walking over. I say goodbye to Aline and rush towards Jace. I wrap my arms around his neck and embrace him. He's surprised at first, but wraps his arms around my torso. "Hey, what's up?" he asks looking concerned.

"Nothing," I say convincingly. "Now let's go. I have to show you up in Call of Duty." He smirks and takes my hands as we walk towards his car.

Seven hours later as we drift off on his couch while Unfriended ends I think of my encounter with Mark. I feel bad for not telling Jace, but what am I supposed to say? I can't tell him what I did. It will just ruin everything I've worked hard fire over the past seven-eight months. It's decided.

No one here will know I killed someone.

AN

If you look you'll see I changed the story description to fit the big plot twist ^^^^. I actually have a lot of ideas for this and I'm pretty excited. Now, good night book nerds!~Bella