Chapter 14

The next morning, Harry explained everything to me; from Hagrid letting him know about the dragons to Sirius warning him about a former deatheater, Kakaroff. "How am I supposed to get passed the dragon with getting my neck bitten off?" Harry grunted. "Maybe you can actually start reading about the dragons." I gesture to a pile of books I borrowed from the library about dragons. I carefully reading through the page, nothing helpful shows up; all I learn is dragon is a powerful creature and usually needs dozens of wizards to take down. Great encouragement. "Potter!" Harry and I jumped. Shit, this isn't going to end well. Moody emerged, "Potter, my office now. Castillo, go to your class." I gathered my stuff hurriedly and left for Charms.

"Accio parchment!" the parchments hurtling towards me in a rush. The class gasped and clapped as Professor Flitwick praised me, "Fantastic, Ms. Castillo." I smiled at his words, I'm finally back on track. I went back to my seat as Professor Flitwick continued his lesson about Summoning Charm; which I grasped it already. My thoughts drifted to the Triwizard Tournament, the first task is tomorrow yet Harry and I still haven't figure out how to deal with a dragon. Maybe Severus will tip me a little...Nah...he wouldn't. The class ended with more Summoning Charms demonstration from me and more flattering praise from Professor Flitwick. I walked out the classroom with a great confidence boost; I took a turn at the corridor to Moody's office, waiting for Harry. As if on cue, Harry walked out the room, his face lit up when he saw me, "Alvina, I need you to help me." I rolled my eyes, "What do you think I have been doing this whole time?" "Alvina, I need to learn how to do a Summoning Charm properly by tomorrow afternoon." He said seriously.

And so we practiced. We didn't have lunch, but headed to a free classroom, where Harry tried with all his might to make various objects fly across the room towards him. He was still having problems. The books and quill kept losing heart halfway across the room and dropped to the floor. "Concentrate. Harry, you gotta concentrate." I scolded him. "What do you think I'm trying to do?" he said angrily, "A great big dragon kept popping in my head for some reason..." I signed, "Accio Biscuits." Two biscuits dance their way towards me and I caught them swiftly. I handed one to Harry and took a bite. God. I'm hungry. I made a mental note to never skip lunch ever again. "How did you do that?" he said amazed. I shrugged, "It's just great that you can get food whenever you want by just whipping your wand. Make that your motivation, m'boy." We went to class and came back at midnight using Harry's invisibility cloak. It's half past two in the morning and Harry is getting the hang of it. "That's better, Harry. That's loads better." I said exhaustedly, barely keeping my eyelids open. "Well, now we know what to do when I can't manage a spell," said Harry "Threaten me with a dragon." He raised his wand once more, "Accio dictionary!" The heavy book soared out of my hand, flew across the room, Harry caught it. "Harry, I think you really got it!" I said delightedly. "Just as long as it works tomorrow." He said, "The firebolt is going to be much farther away. It's going to be in the castle, and I'm going to be outside on the ground..." "That doesn't matter." I said firmly, "Just as long as you concentrate really hard, it'll come. Now, get some sleep, you need it." I rushed him back to his dorm like a mother.

The next morning, it hit me that the first task is today. Anxiety curled into my stomach; there's only one way to make sure Harry and Cedric are fine. I used the secret passage Fred and George taught me when I first befriended them. I peeked into the tent where the champions are staying. Fleur Delacour was sitting in a corner on a wooden stool; she didn't look nearly composed as usual, my eyes darted to the object she's clutching tightly on her hands. It's a model of – unless the book I read was mistaken, it's no doubt a model of a Welsh Green dragon with a number two in it. I searched through the other tent, Krum got a Chinese fireball and he's going third. I peeked into the next tent; it's either Harry's or Cedric's. I saw Cedric pacing back and forth, looking pale as ever; his hand holding a small Swedish Short snout and he's going first. "Ced?" I said. His head snapped to my direction, and relaxed when he saw it was me. "Alv...you should be in the audience..." he said confusingly. I walked in, "I personally don't find it enjoyable to watch people I care fighting dragons..." I confessed. Unexpectedly, Cedric pulled me into a tight hug and nuzzled his face in my neck. His hot breathe tickling me. I suck in a sharp breath, the butterflies, no, an entire zoo is in my stomach right now. My heart dropped when I lost the contact of him when he pulled away, "Sorry...I'm just really nervous." He said breathlessly. I squeezed his hand, "You'll be fine." I said wholeheartedly. I truly believe he's going to do well. "I just don't want to let anyone down, especially you. I want to make you proud and maybe..." he gulped. I stared at him, waiting for him to finish. Instead, he wrapped his arms around my waist, lifted my chin and gently caress my cheek. The next thing I know is we were both leaning in, nose touching and he softly put his lips on mine. We breathed our souls and love to each other in the kiss. I gasped for air and pulled away, this is all new to me. I don't need a mirror to tell that my face is burning hot in a chilly November. The screaming outside is getting louder and louder, Cedric's name is being chanted over and over again. Cedric licked his lips and gave me a dazzling smile, "It was better than I imagined." My heart skips a beat at his words. I smiled cheekily, "Well, good luck out there, though you don't need it."

Just when I was about to enter Harry's tent, "Miss. Castillo, what brings you here?" I froze, it's Dumbledore. "Hello professor. I was wondering if you would let me see Harry. It won't take long I promised." I said, being honest with Dumbledore. "I'm afraid you can't, miss. This area is highly restricted, only champions and staff can come in. Don't stress about Mr. Potter. I'm sure he'll be fine since he was trained by the finest witch in charms." He gave me a wink and left. I went to the field where the audience are. The sweet kiss Cedric and I shared is still lingering on my mouth. "Give me a D! Give me an I!" the girls from Hufflepuff chanting Cedric's name. "Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the very first challenge of the Triwizard Tournament." Dumbledore began, silencing everyone. "Today, the champions will perform in front of everyone and the judge's panel. The champion's task is to pass a dragon they were assigned to and retrieve the golden egg safely." Murmurs filled the arena. "Cedric Diggory, the Hogwarts champion will go first." Cheers and screams burst out as Cedric walked out. The Swedish Short snout roared. Its silver blue scale and hot blue flame can reduce timber and bones into ashes in seconds. However, Cedric wasn't intimidated by him, he brilliantly transfigured a stone into a dog to distract the dragon. I gripped my own hand, sweat beaded on my forehead, not daring to blink my eye for a second. "He's taking risk! Clever one! Pity it didn't work..." Bagman's commentary isn't making anything better. My teeth chatter as Cedric ran for the egg. Anxiety kick me in the gut when I saw the dragon lost interest in the dog and decided to go after Cedric. The entire arena gasped when the dragon burned Cedric on the side of his face and he barely managed to get away from it. Thank god I didn't have breakfast this morning, or I would throw up by now due to nervousness. Applause shattered the wintery air like breaking glass, Cedric successfully completed his first task. I shifted in my seat uncomfortably, debating whether if I should go down and see him or not. I decided not to because Harry isn't done yet. Fleur and Krum went; both of them did great. So far Krum scored the highest, he blinded the dragon and retrieve the egg harmlessly. "Next, we have Harry Potter!" "Let's go Harry!" I shouted. Harry walked out, took a deep breath and said, "Accio firebolt!" I bit my lip, and it curled upward when I heard something speeding through the air, Harry's firebolt soaring in enclosure, and stopping dead in midair next to him. My smile grew wider as I watch Harry began to fly, using a diversionary tac tics. He soared higher and the dragon followed him, then he did an excellent Quidditch Seeker dive and went for the egg. He plummeted as the dragon opened his mouth. Oh no. Harry luckily missed the flames, but the tail came whipping up and meet him instead. Screams and groans came out from the crowd. Come on Harry...With a huge spurt of speed...HE GRABBED THE EGG!!! I stood up from my seat by instinct, the others followed me applauded. "Look at that!" yelled Bagman, "Our youngest champion is the quickest to get the egg! Well, this is going to shorten the odds on Potter." You got that damn right, Bagman. "YES YES YESSSS!" I punched the air, relieve wash through me. I ran down to the champion tent and jumped on Harry as he stumbled backwards, laughing as well. "You did it!" I kept repeating it. "Yea...thanks Alv, I would be nowhere without you." I ruffled his already messy hair, "Quit the touching words, and go tend your wound." He playfully saluted me and left for Madam Pomfrey. I went to Cedric's tent and saw him sitting up his bed, zoning out. I jumped on his bed, "What's up? Champ?" He grinned, "Great, really great." "How's your face?" I asked, examining it. "It's alright." He assured me. I put my arms around his neck and he pull me closer. We sat there in silence; it's a comfortable kind of silence though. "Mr. Dig- What are you doing here, Miss. Castillo?" asked Madam Pomfrey. I blushed, "Uh...visiting Cedric...?" Cedric chuckled. "Well, visiting time is over. Let him rest." Madam Pomfey said sternly. I pouted, Cedric whispered in my ears," I can't really get my eyes off you when you're around let along resting. Go see Potter, I'll find you later." I stuck my tongue at him playfully and jumped off his bed. I gave him a small wave then existed the tent. I waltz my way to Harry's tent, feeling loosen up. "How's your shoulder?" I asked. "Nothing serious." Harry replied. I sat next to him, fiddling my fingers. "Remember to write to Sirius about this. Ok?" I reminded gently. "This is Hermione's job but ok." He laughed. Speak of the devil; Hermione and Ron appeared. "Harry" Ron said seriously, "Whoever put your name into the goblet...I reckon he's trying to do you in!" Hermione nodded. "Caught on, have you?" Harry said coldly, "Took you guys long enough." I sat, looking from one to the other. Ron opened his mouth uncertainly. "It's okay," he said, before Ron could get the words out. "Forget it." "No," said Ron, "I shouldn't've -" "Forget it, "Harry said. Ron grinned nervously at him, and Harry grinned back. Hermione burst into tears. "There's nothing to cry about!" Harry told her, bewildered. "It's just...I'm sorry Harry and Alvina. I don't deserve friends like you guys..." she continued sobbing. I walked over and put my arms around her, "You're an idiot...but you're my idiot..." I grinned. She smiled, "God, I miss you." "Same...I've been the Hermione to Harry these past weeks...not gonna lie, it's hard." We all burst out laughing, I'm so glad I have all my best friends back.