Chapter 16: No Longer Alone

The first part of my plan was to think of a plan, so that is what I did for the first two days, I thought of a plan. I know that in Zachary's office there is a way to get out side, there has to be. Every time I step into his room, I can practically feel the wilderness calling to me, and his door can only be opened from the inside, so how does he get in? I know I'm pretty close to figuring it out but I need some confirmation, I need to get into the head of someone who will know the answer to this mystery, and I know exactly how I'm going to do it, I just need to figure out who I'm going to do it too.

I sat down in the middle of my room, with my eyes closed. Waiting for the person who was bringing me my daily meal. I'm not yet sure if what I plan to do is going to work, but the only way I'm going to be able to get out of here alive is if I trust my instincts. So that's what I'm going to do.

The door creaked open. Ben, the man with the sad eyes, appeared at the door, looking everywhere but at me. He slowly walked towards me, carrying a bowl of food in one hand and a water bottle in the other. I knew I didn't have much time so I acted right then. I cleared my throat to get his attention and it worked, his eyes connected right with mine, and I didn't let them go. I looked through his memories and I was thankfully able to see that in Zachary's room, behind a picture frame there was a door that led to the outdoors. I now had a way of escape, all i had to do now was figure out how I was going to do it.

Before I got completely out of his head, I was hit with a bone crushing sadness that left me breathless, and made me lose my control over him.
I looked up at him from where I was sitting.

"Why are you so sad?" He looked startled at my question, and opened his mouth as though he were about to say something, but then closed it, and shook his head, turning back towards the way he came.
"I wish I could take it away from you, your sadness" He froze.

"No, this is what I deserve." He growled under his breath, and with that he slammed the door shut.

"And supposedly, this is what I deserve, but I don't believe that, and neither should you." I whispered to myself, feeling very, very determined.

"It's about time!" growled a female voice in my head. I scrambled off the bed and whipped my head left and right, looking for the source of that voice.

"Hello" I whispered quietly but all i got was silence. I said it again but this time in my head. "Hello"

"Can you please sit back down on the mattress, I don't want you to give me away" I slowly complied with the voice, and sat on my mattress. Wh-who are you" I asked

"Your Wolf, in the spirit."

"What!!"