Chapter I - The Invasion

It was a calm morning in a tranquil Terra where serene people lived their lives peacefully. The weather was warm, the birds sang, the sun shined brightly, just a perfect day as always. From one of the houses in a small village came outside a girl.

She had dark skin, midnight blue hair, orange eyes, a slender body filling her blue, yellow and brown shirt and light blue pants, she wore brown boots, blue and brown gloves, a metallic armband on her left wrist, an orange hair band keeping her hair upwards, and a blue crystal necklace.

She held an empty basket in her hands, for she was about to go to the market to buy some groceries and vegetables. Before she barely took a step forward, another girl approached her.

She was Caucasian, with light brown hair and blue eyes. She wore an olive green and brown shirt, dark blue pants and brown boots.

"Morning, Piper!" - the girl greeted with a broad smile.

"Good morning, Dove." - Piper replied.

"So, are you going to the market?" - Dove asked while nodding at the basket in the blue-haired girl's hands.

"Yeah. Gotta buy some groceries, I'm almost out of a few spices."

"Oh my! Then we ought to go there right away, your sand cakes are never too spicy." - the blue-eyed girl said as she dragged Piper by the wrist.

The dark skinned girl giggled knowingly.

"You're right, though I'm sure this enthusiasm of yours isn't really about some spices, is it?" - she asked.

"Yeah, well... Alright. It's just that I'm so eager! Our Sky Knight has finally returned from his mission!" - Dove clasped her hands as she jumped up a little.

"Oh, right, your big crush since we were 13." - Piper teased - "You can't miss him!"

"Shh!" - the Caucasian girl shushed her - "Don't say that out loud!"

The two of them laughed a little as they walked. They headed towards the crowd that waited for the squadron to land, and on the way, Piper took the chance to buy all she needed. Her basket was full when she and her friend arrived at the landing strip.

"I'm so excited!" - Dove said and it was easy to tell her soul was screaming inside with joy.

"You really like that guy, huh?" - the orange-eyed girl commented.

"Of course! You should find someone for you as well, Piper." - the brown haired girl nudged her - "Look! There are quite a few really cute boys around here you can choose from." - she discreetly gestured towards a bunch of guys around their age that stood not too far from them.

"Ah... No, thanks. I have other ways of choosing someone to have a crush on." - Piper was a little disturbed by that but shrugged it off smoothly.

"Okay... But don't be too picky, or you'll scare all the boys away!" - she placed her hands on her hips - "You can't just stand there waiting for a prince charming, you know."

"Of course not! I'm not a naïve little girl. And I'm more down to earth than you, Dove." - she smirked.

"Hey!" - the girl shouted, pretending to be displeased.

The two laughed it off again when an old man in front of them pointed at the sky.

"They've arrived!" - he shouted.

Everyone followed his finger, then cheered as the squadron came closer. Their Sky Knight was back! People jumped and threw confetti in the air, some even prepared a few fireworks.