Epilogue

A few hours later, it was the dawn of a new age. An age of peace and prosperity. The sun shone brightly in the sky, illuminating the huge party that was happening in Terra Atmosia, the most influent Terra in the whole Atmos. Pretty much everyone had gathered in that one place, well, with hundreds of ships parked nearby to even contain all those people.

Piper's friends had finally made contact with her. They were all so happy for her. She had definitely made a name for herself. Their little girl had grown up so much ever since they had last seen her. She was a mature young woman now.

"Oh, Piper!" - Dove shouted as she quickly hugged her best friend - "We've missed you so much. There wasn't a single day we didn't think about you!"

"Thank you, Dove." - she replied - "I've really missed you all as well. I'm so relieved everyone was safe."

The Caucasian girl was about to say something when she spotted Aerrow a few feet away from them.

"Oooh... Who's he? Is that the handsome knight in shining armor you were talking about in your letter?" - she asked teasingly.

"He... He's a really good friend of mine!" - the dark-skinned girl said nervously.

"You mean he's your boyfriend. I know that look in your face." - the blue-eyed one teased even more - "You've only done that once when we were little and still were told fairy tales before going to sleep. That's you 'I'm head over heels in love' look."

"Dove!" - she playfully scolded her friend.

Ah, it felt so great having her back. They had so much catching up to do. But they'd have plenty of time to do that later. Now, all that mattered was celebrating their victory! The brown haired girl left to go meet with the other villagers while Piper walked towards Aerrow and a group of Sky Knights.

Everyone was able to enjoy themselves for the whole day. People chatted, ate lots of delicious food, played some improvised games. In short, they all had a lot of fun. The sun was starting to set and everybody gathered near the Sky Knight council.

There at the roof of the building, a flag was raised: the Storm Hawks' flag. Everyone cheered loudly as some fireworks exploded in the sky. Aerrow and Radarr watched the flag with teary eyes. Lightning Strike would have been so proud of them.

The co-pilot noticed Piper approaching them and leaped off Aerrow's shoulder. She stood in front of the boy, smiling warmly at him.

"I can't believe a week ago I was running away for my life and now I'm here, feeling as calm as ever." - she told him - "And this couldn't have become true if it weren't for you so... Thanks. I'm really glad we've met."

"You made my world a lot better too. The Atmos wouldn't be free right now if you'd never made your way into my life." - he said to her - "So I'm grateful for having met you as well."

They hugged each other tenderly. Showing how much they meant for one another. They separated, but kept their arms partially around each other, as they watched the fireworks for a while. That moment felt eternal, it was like it'd never end, just the two of them in their own little world, together forever.

Piper looked at him and moved in to give him a peck on the cheek, but Aerrow had some ideas in his mind. He turned his face a little in a way she ended up kissing him on the lips instead. She blinked surprised as she quickly pulled away, blushing a lot. But before she could even register what had happened, the boy leaned in and captured her lips in his once more, this time a much deeper kiss. Her eyes widened, then she blissfully rested into the kiss and proceeded to deepen it even more.

They tightened their embrace again and enjoyed that one kiss for all they were worth. The dawn of the new age had brought the start of not only this new free and peaceful era but also the beginning of a wonderful and everlasting love between the two selfless souls that changed the world for the better.

After everything they had gone through, a happy ending to their story was more than deserved.