Forty One

This theater is packed and I would've thought that Jack hated public theaters. He literally has his own built in his home. He suggested that we go out like a 'normal and standard' couple. I think that's complete bullshit.

A tall guy, like two inches taller than Jack, approaches me. Considering there's an empty seat on either side of me. One if for Jack and he just went to the bathroom before the movie started.

"Is anyone sitting here?" He asks me.

"Someone's sitting on this chair, but you can sit on this one." I say, pointing to the opposite empty one.

He gives me a brief smile before taking a seat. He's cute, I suppose. Then again, I'm biased and seem to think that no one is better looking than Jack. Why is he at the movies alone, though?

"Dominic." He holds his hand out to greet me.

"Camila." I politely smile, shaking his hand.

Dominic seems like a nice boy. Not like he's going to kidnap me and he's not creepy. He asks me simple questions, nothing too personal and I know I'm on the safe side. Jack shortly returns, giving me a confused look because I'm talking to Dominic.

The lights begin to dim as the previews start to play. He stares at him as if his testosterone is building up.

"Who is that?" Jack asks me, his tone a little harsh.

"His name is Dominic and he-" I'm cut off by Jack.

"Why are you talking to him?"

"I just met him and the seat next to me was the only empty seat." I shrug, sinking back into my chair.

Jack let's out a frustrated sigh, protectively putting his arm around my shoulders. So, I can't talk to boys now? I can't make new friends?

"Boyfriend?" Dominic asks me, causing me to turn my head to him.

I press my lips together, "I guess, yeah."

"Hey," Jack says, starting to get annoyed. "Can you stop fucking talking to her?" He sneers to Dominic and my mouth pops open; he's being so rude!

"Relax, man." Dominic holds both his hands up in defense, remaining quiet so he doesn't make a scene. "I have a girlfriend."

Jack's tenseness dissipates and I roll my eyes. I hate going into public places with him. He always has to do something dramatic and cause a scene.

"I'm sorry." I apologize to Dominic for Jack's behavior.

"No worries. I would probably do the same if my girlfriend was talking to a random guy."

He gives me a reassuring smile before turning his attention back to the screen.

"What's your problem?" I whisper to Jack through gritted teeth.

"You're mine." He says, slithering his hand, that isn't around my shoulders, onto my thigh, squeezing it.

"I wasn't even flirting with him." I mutter, annoyed.

"I'm sorry, baby." Jack kisses my cheek.

I bite my bottom lip, "You get so overprotective for no reason."

"I have many reasons to become overprotective. You're fucking stunning and every guy that passes by, drools over you. I have to stand up and let people know you're mine." He emphasizes lowly into my ear.

*

After the movie, the lights turn back in and I stand up, stretching my back, making sure not to hit Jack in the face with my long arms. I hate sitting down for two and a half hours straight.

"Can I have your number?" Dominic asks me in a friendly way and out of the blue.

I forgot he was here.

Jack scoffs, "dude, didn't you say you had a girlfriend?"

I huff at Jack's words. He's being so irrational. I grab Dominic's phone from his hands and I'm not even gonna care about what Jack says around Dominic anymore.

"Just trying to be friends with Camila." Dominic says, shrugging his shoulders and I hand back his phone.

I quickly grabs Jack's hand, dragging him out of the theater, mumbling a 'text me' to Dominic. When we finally get outside to his car, I furiously let go of his hand. All I want to do right now is yell at him.

"What the hell!" I exclaim, but keep my voice quiet, due to the people around us. "I was just being nice to him and you always have to butt in. I'm not leaving you for him! One, because I love you." I emphasize. "And two, he's dating someone!"

"I said I'm sor-" Jack tries to reach for me.

"You're sorry? I know." I roll my eyes at his ignorance.

Seeming that it was still daylight out, Jack wanted to take me somewhere else and I didn't argue about it. I'm just gonna go with the flow, I hear a thud on the car as we get out of it and arrive at the familiar place. Sam's house.

"Fuck." I hear Jack curse.

"Are you okay?" I ask, immediately alarmed and concerned.

"Why do I always keep on fucking hitting my head when I get in or out of the car." He huffs.

I laugh a little, "don't opt for such low cars?" I say as more of a question than statement.

My phone buzzes and I look down at it. A smile comes upon my face and I don't mean for it to, but Jack notices as well and I don't think he's too happy about another guy contacting me via iMessage.

[Dominic] hey

"Is it that idiot that's texting you?" Jack asks, annoyed.

I silently gasp at his description word. I want to slap him across the face.

"You can't just call people that." I scold him.

"Fine," he snaps. "Is it that boy from the movies?"

"His name is Dominic and yes it is." I tell him. "All he said was 'hey'."

I start walking up the steps, but like the child he is, Jack races up and beats me to the door, grinning back at me. He walks inside and shouts to see if anyone's home and we head Sam reply and a females giggle.

We walk up the stairs and I did not expect to see this. Wow. Sam's arm wrapped around Auburn. Since when, though? It's only been a few days. I look up at Jack and his jaw is clenched and he doesn't look too happy.

Is he protective over her too? Why does that make my stomach feel upsetting all of a sudden?

"Are you fucking kidding me, Sam?" Jack sneers. "Why do you always have to go for the girls I go for?" He says, instantly making my confidence evaporate.

{vote, comment, share}