Chapter-11 *Max POV (continued)*✔

*Max P.O.V.*

When class ended, she grabbed her stuff in a hurry and literally ran outside. I also went outside and found her standing, confused, in the middle of the hallway. Obviously, as a new student, she didn't have any idea about the location of her next class.

This was the perfect opportunity. Help her and get her.

"Need help?" I asked her.

She turned around and silently shook her head, refusing to accept any help from me.

Seriously? She didn't even want my help?

I snatched her schedule to check what classes we had together.

We had three classes together-great! I mentally grinned.

But when I told her about this, she didn't appear a bit excited, and she immediately snatched her schedule from my hand. This made me even more frustrated.

Now, she was getting out of hand. I had to do something to show her that she was messing with the wrong guy.

I grabbed her hand and dragged her to a corner. I pinned her against the wall so that she didn't have any way to escape. She panicked for a second, but immediately composed herself.

Wow, playing hard?

"What the hell do you want?" she asked angrily.

"How dare you talk to me like that? Do you know who I am?" I tilted my head.

"You don't know who you are?" she mocked and stared at me.

I was taken aback by her response. In this serious situation where any girl typically panicked, she was definitely very smart and very good at keeping her cool.

Wow, this girl was really different.

I smirked and took a step back to allow her to gather her breath, which she seemed to be holding.

She looked relieved and I felt good.

But why?

"What do you want now?" she asked, irritated.

"Answers," I immediately replied.

I wanted to know if this was her normal behavior or if there was something special about me. After all, she was treating me abnormally for a girl. She refused to answer again.

Oh, God. Please, help me. What the hell did she think of herself?

I stood there, emotionless, staring at her, allowing her the chance to escape, but I didn't stop her. I was already confused because of her rude behavior and now because of my stupid thoughts. They were making me more confused and frustrated than ever. I really needed a break, so I decided to skip class and head upstairs to my usual place for chilling out.

I can't let her go like this. She really needs a lesson.

"Max, are you there?" I heard someone call out from downstairs.

"Yeah," I replied, recognizing the voice as Kyle's.

Kyle's my best friend; he knew me better than anyone ever had. I met him at a party four years ago when some boys were trying to humiliate him. I actually saved him from those boys. Since then, we've been inseparable.

"Hey, dude. What are you doing here?"

"Skipping class," I replied, looking outside through the window.

"May I ask why?" he said, raising his eyebrow. "Because you won't skip a class without any reason."

"Just a bit of a headache." I shrugged.