Chapter 2.

I pull my large leather suitcase into the dungeon, where I told Draco I'd meet him. And much to my surprise, he's not here. I thought I was the one running incredibly late. At our usual designated couch, I only see one person: Emmerich Garrett.

I like Emmerich and trust him, he's one of Draco's friends. His parents and Draco's parents are fairly close, I've been told. But, Emmerich is too quiet. Whenever we go out for some butterbeer, he doesn't say a word. He rarely joins in on our fun games to mess with the Gryffindors. When I addressed Draco about him, he told me that,

"Emmerich is a very valuable person to keep near. He's one of the most cunning and sneaky people you'll meet."

So, I sit down beside the lanky, brown-haired boy.

"Hello, Emmerich," I greet him, warmly. I see his body tense up from my close contact. I eye him, confused. Our thighs are barely touching.

"Alice," He nods, politely.

                                                                        Emmerich's P.O.V

Alice Rhowen approaches me. I look around, hoping someone will come and join us. But, of course, not a single soul.. She takes a seat beside me, sitting closer than a person usually would. I try to scoot away, casually.

"Hello, Emmerich," She says, inching closer.

Oh, god, if Draco walks in, he'll slit my throat. I remember what he did to Crichton Willard for speaking of Alice in a more-than-friendly way. Crichton was sent to the infirmary for a week.

"Alice," I respond, just to be polite.

Alice was no-doubt one of the most beautiful girls at Hogwarts. That was just common knowledge. But, she was also no-doubt the most unavailable girl of Hogwarts. Even guys in Gryffindor, our biggest rivals, drool over her. Beside his pure blood, she's Draco's most prized possession.

Even I'll admit, she's very helpful. She's as dark, twisted and fearless as Draco, which is perfect. She's unafraid to do many things other people would cower from. And, using her beautiful looks, she'll flirt the answers right out of you. She's retrieved plenty of enemy secrets for us.

Her long, wavy hair brushes my hand, causing me to jump. She can't help but to laugh. She knows I'm terrified, although, I doubt she knows why.

                                                                             Alice's P.O.V

I sit there talking, as if to no one, for ten more minutes before Draco enters the dungeon. When his loud footsteps echo into the empty room, Emmerich jumps to his feet as if I lit a fire beneath him.

"Potter is up to no good, I can smell it." Draco rants as he approaches us. He thinks nothing of Emmerich standing, practically shaking, in the middle of the room. "He's gone to the Weasley's every year for break, but this year he's staying here, without his two followers; Ron and Hermione." He continues to tell us.

"You think he's planning something?" I ask, trying to get him to go further into his theory.

"He must be. I don't know what, but I'll find out." He says, declaring to himself. "Emmerich!" He just sees his friend standing there for the first time, "You're staying here for the holidays, right?" He asks. Emmerich and I can both hear the excitement in his voice.

"My sister and I are, yes," He nods, speaking of his younger sister, Annie, who's in Ravenclaw.

"Perfect! You're too keep an eye on him. See what he's trying to do, what he's trying to figure out. Potter's always digging his nose around in other people's business.." Draco requests of him. Emmerich nods, accepting the challenge.