17

"Don't make that face, This is my last conversation with you. Don't be disappointed..."

~Tried to Walk-B1A4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day didn't start well. First thing after walking in school, Jae-hwa was waiting at the front.

"One one-way trip back to hell coming up, just you wait, bastard." She said with a smirk, walking past him, her skirt dangerously short today.

Jimin gave her a hard look as she went outside, meeting a girl halfway. Not just any girl--Hana. Taehyung swallowed as he looked at her. She was carrying a stack of books, a little red box on top. Don't make her cry, please don't make her cry.

Jimin was about to pull Taehyung away from the door when Taehyung reached out and held the door open, watching what Jae-hwa would do.

Jimin groaned, but then looked from him to where he was looking, and he was most certainly staring. "Isn't that that chick you like? The deaf one?" Jimin asked.

Taehyung nodded, still watching Jae-hwa, she was saying something to Hana, leaning in and sneering at something. Don't say anything bad to her, she's sweet, and you're terrible. Don't you dare break her heart.

"Bet you think ignoring me is just hilarious, huh?" Jae-hwa said loud enough for Taehyung to hear. "I like to laugh too, mind if I join the joke?" Then she pushed Hana.

Hana dropped every single book, each of them coming down heavy and loud. Hana winced, and Jae-hwa laughed. Taehyung froze. I should do something, I should... But Jae-hwa's going to send me back...I can't... He watched as Hana knelt down to pick up the books.

"Stupid, I didn't say you could pick those up." Jae-hwa stepped on Hana's hand as she reached for a book.

Taehyung let the door close. I can't stop it, I can't help her at all. I'm so selfish, I'm such a coward. I'm too damn concerned with myself.

"Tae?" Jimin asked, searching Taehyung's face, "It's alright, we'll just tell a teacher."

Taehyung nodded absently. At the moment, he didn't care how Jimin was speaking to him like a child. He couldn't stand up to Jae-hwa, she could make his situation worse easily, she could make sure he was put through electrotherapy, or convince everyone that he was planning to kill everyone.

Taehyung turned and started walking down the halls away from the door. I don't want her to think I'm crazy yet, I don't want her to think I'm violent. Taehyung blinked back tears.

What was more important? She was hurting her... But she'll have me put to death or something. But she's getting hurt. She made me smile, she said she liked my smile, how could I just let her get tortured?

Jungkook ran up to him and Jimin, waving. "Hyungs! We're going to be late to class, come on!"

Taehyung followed Jungkook, who was panicky and rushing, but he looked back at the front door. Damn... I'm so selfish, I'm so weak. Maybe it was pity, maybe he felt it too, but she was deaf, how could he? How could he just leave her with Jae-hwa? Taehyung looked back ahead of himself. He tried to tell himself that he'd tell a teacher, but he was even scared of that. Wouldn't Jae-hwa know?

They got to class on time, getting in their seats just in time, and the teacher didn't take long at all to notice who was absent. "Where's Jae-hwa? Hana? Tardy again."

Taehyung stared down at his desk. Should I? What if...What if Jae-hwa uses this to call me crazy? What if she says I'm lying? Then he slowly put his hand up.