Chapter 66✿

"Do you want to go to the diner for dinner? We haven't been there in a while." I say to Luke.

We are currently on his bed watching old reruns of Boy Meets World. It's been three weeks since Luke first told me about the move, leaving us with three months and a week left before Luke moves to England.

"Luke?"

"Huh?" He snaps out of his thoughts.

"Do you want to?" I ask.

"Want to what?"

"Go to the diner for dinner."

"Oh. Yeah sure. Sounds good." He says, not taking his eyes off the television screen.

Something's been up with him. I know this move is hard on the both of us, but he's the one choosing to move across the world, so he can't exactly be distant because of it.

"Okay what's wrong?" I ask.

I've been trying not to say anything to him for the past few weeks as to why he's acting like this, but I refuse to spend these next couple of months like this.

"Hmm? Nothing." He says.

"Don't bullshit me, Luke. You've been distant for the past couple of weeks. What gives? And don't lie to me." I tell him.

He sighs as he sits up on the bed.

"I don't know what to do. I almost feel like I physically can't leave you, but I also can't leave my mum. I know i'm nineteen and I don't need to follow my mom around anymore, but she means everything to me. Plus she gave me this whole speech about how proud she is of me and the man i've become. She was telling me how much it means to her that i'm going with her. But, you're my world. I just don't now what to do at this point." He tells me.

I don't know know what to tell him. I obviously want him to stay, so anything I say would just try to get him to stay. I'd do anything to get him to stay, but I know at the same time Luke still needs his mum. Hell, everyone does. No matter how old you are, you're always going to need your parents.

"I don't know what to tell you, Luke. You know how badly I want you to stay. But I also think you need to be with your mum. Take it from me. I'd do anything to spend one more minute with my mum. We're growing up and maturing, but our parents are also getting older. You don't have forever, Luke. No one does. I completely understand why you want to go with her. I think that's where you'll be happiest." I tell him honestly.

He furrows his eyebrows. "You almost sound as if you want me to go?"

"What? I didn't say that."

"Sure as hell seemed like that's what you were implying." Luke spits.

"I wasn't!"

"Maybe you want me to go so that you can finally have someone who can give you everything."

What the fuck is he talking about?

"Don't." I warn him. "I know what you're doing. You're trying to pick a fight so that we break up and you have an excuse to go without leaving anything behind. I'm not going to let that happen. We'll be together until the day you break up with me, because i'm sure as hell not going to end things."

"I'm sorry." He sighs. "You know i'd never break up with you, May. I just know that when i'm England, you're going to find someone new. Someone here. And then that'll be it for us. And it'll be my fault for moving."

"Is that what you think?" I ask.

He sighs. I cup his face in my hands as I speak. "Luke, i'm not going anywhere, okay? Stop thinking you're going to lose me. Yeah, it's going to be hard being apart for such long periods of time. But it'll all be worth it when I see you again. I'm in love with you, and distance isn't going to change that."

He exhales as he leans in to kiss me.

"I love you, May."

"I love you, too." I smile.

We both lay back on the bed and I nuzzle my head in the crook of his neck.

"You never told me how your talk with Michael went." I say.

I know it was weeks ago since they had their little talk about the move, but Luke nor Michael ever brought it up to me, and I can't help but be a bit curious as to what they both said.

"He basically told me i'm making the biggest mistake of my life." Luke says.

I shoot my head up and look at him. "He said that?!"

He shrugs his shoulders. "Something along those lines."

"He's just sad about you moving and probably doesn't know how to handle everything he's feeling. You know Michael isn't exactly good with handling his emotions." I say.

I instantly think back to Melbourne, when Michael said those nasty things to both Luke and I after he found out we were together. By the look on Luke's face, I can tell he thought back to the same memory.

"Trust me, I know. I just hate Michael being sad or angry because of me." Luke says.

"He just doesn't want to lose you. Just promise me you won't lose contact with him once your there. He needs you." I tell him.

He nods. "I don't think there will ever be a day Michael and I aren't best friends to be honest."

"Yeah, probably not." I chuckle as I lay my head back down on Luke's chest.

"I don't know how our future will turn out, and that scares me." Luke says after several minutes of silence.

"We don't have to think of the future right now."

"But what about when you want to get married? Or have kids? Because down the line I know you'll want to. What happens then?" He asks.

I guess i've never thought that far ahead. I've never thought about how long we'll be apart for. I didn't think that he would be there forever. I thought that maybe i'd only have to deal with this for a couple of years until he decides to move back here. As much as I love him, I don't think I could pack up my life and move to England. So it's either he would move back here, not leave at all, or we'd be apart forever. I choose being with him for as long as humanly possible. Even if that means giving some things up along the way.

"I'd give that all up to be with you." I finally say.

"That's what i'm afraid of." He mumbles.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N Hey guys! I apologize for such a short chapter but I have a lot of school stuff right now, so it's hard to update everyday. But i'm trying my best! Thank you guys so much for all the constant love you give this book. It means so much to me!

Please vote, comment and follow me! xx :)