Chapter 5: Somebody's Heartbreak

(Louis' POV)

I woke up alone this morning, yet it didn't feel any different. Weird, huh? Not really. I couldn't feel anything with Eleanor anymore. I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden, it was gone. I just hope that she doesn't leave too, I need her. I might go crazy if she wasn't around. But she doesn't know why, and if everything goes right, she never will.

No, I'm not using Eleanor. Well, I don't think I am. I love her. I really do.

I slipped on a shirt and went downstairs to find my mum and El sitting together on the couch drinking coffee. They both turned to me and smiled, I returned a warm smile and sat next to Eleanor.

"Good Morning, Lou." Eleanor said to me. "Tea?" she handed me an already filled cup. I took it from her and instantly took a sip. Hopefully this would wake me up. I barely got two hours of sleep last night. The guilt was haunting me, but I refuse to let it ruin my day. Besides, Eleanor and I are going out to dinner tonight. I got a reservation at a really nice restaurant downtown. It's pretty fancy and I know she'll love it.

"So, what were you two talking about?" I asked them, remembering the quiet whispering I walked in on moments ago. "Nothing." Eleanor answered. Good lie, El. Oh well, it was probably about something that I shouldn't get involved in anyway. "What time are we going to dinner?" she asked. "The reservation is at six, so we need to leave at about five thirty, if that's okay." I looked at the clock and noticed it was already eleven. The house seemed noticeably quieter, but that was probably because the boys had left late last night. But it didn't matter; after yesterday's drama none of them would talk to me anyway, especially Harry. I don't know why, but he always seemed a little overprotective over Emma, even if she's older. Hopefully he doesn't like her. Oh God no. Time to change the subject, brain.

"Well I think I'll go get showered and dressed." Eleanor put her coffee mug down and sat up from the couch, making her way back upstairs. I started to take another sip of the warm Yorkshire tea but I almost spit it back out when I noticed my mother staring at me. And no, it wasn't a distant stare, it was more of a glare. Like she was angry. I slowly swallowed the tea and put the cup down, looking back at her.

"Louis Tomlinson, what did you do?" she said sternly. "What do you mean?" I asked her. "Oh you know perfectly well. I got a call from Melanie Scott at about twelve o'clock last night. She said that Emma came home crying. She also said that you didn't want her to be in your life anymore. Is that true?" Aw man, why do moms always have to get involved. I have no idea how I'm going to get out of this one. I slowly nodded my head and heard my mother sigh. I didn't dare look up. I was afraid to see whatever sort of expression she was making towards me.

"Why, Louis? Why in the world would you do that to your best friend? She's closer to you than anyone else and you continuously push her away." Oh great, the guilt trip. My mother always does this. I think most women do. They make you feel horrible so the problem can be solved faster. With me, it almost always works. But I was determined this time to make sure it didn't. However, everyone was asking me the same question, and it was really getting on my nerves. I had almost lashed out on Harry last night and I think the next time someone asks me 'Why?' I'll scream.

"Louis, answer me." she ordered. "I don't know, okay?! I honestly don't know. So can't everyone just leave me alone." my voice cracked at the end. I felt like I would cry. "Fine. But when you figure out the answer to that question, you'd better talk to her. She's home alone for a week and probably needs her best friend." my mum said a little more sincerely. She was definitely right about that. I was supposed to be her best friend, but I had acted nothing of the sort for the last week I'd been here. Everyone was right, except for me. Damn, how could I be so stupid?