4. Plunging into a New Beginning

"You know, I'm gonna literally have to start getting used to you not being in the team anymore." Vanessa sighed loudly through the FaceTime call, moving her hair to the other side of her face.

"It's literally so boring, like there's Savannah but it just doesn't feel the same without your presence." Vanessa continued, running a light pink brush through her rich blonde hair.

"I know, I can't believe it's been already a day since I left The Butterflies. I miss you guys already." I answered solemnly, thinking of a way to tell her I'm now in The TigerSharks.

"Wait so tell me! Spill the beans! How did it go? We haven't really talked that much after your switch. You better not have a new bestfriend already!" Vanessa scoffed, putting her phone in a low angle, giving her a double chin.

"Make sure you're not gonna freak out." I laughed, eyeing her double chin through FaceTime.

"You got switched to The Sirens!?" She yelled out, dropping her comb on her bed. She showed great excitement since The Sirens are one of the best all girls swim team, second to The Butterflies.

"No"
"The Pearls?"
"No"
"The Gazelles?"
"Nope"
"The Black Widows?"
"One more."
"The Anacondas?"
"Ew, no."

"Ugh whatever then I give up, just tell me what team?" Vanessa groaned, immediately piercing her hazel eyes unto my blue ones.

"The TigerSharks." I gritted my teeth, curious to see her reaction.

"Ha..ha.. Very funny Arielle, that's an all-boys swim team you know." Vanessa fake laughed, having an irritated tone in her voice.

"Look, hoe!" I grabbed my phone, preparing to send her pictures of my credentials saying how my team has been switched to the TigerSharks.

"Arielle, what the heck!" Vanessa screeched, causing me to bring the volume a bit more lower.

"What? How? When? Why? Is this a prank!" Vanessa continued to yell, making me laugh out loud to her dramatic self. "But, isn't that an all boys swim team?" Vanessa questioned with a confused tone.

"That's what I was thinking, but I really don't know why I got switched to it, they never told me the reason." I explained, reminiscing about some of my experiences at the team so far.

"You know what this means right? Parties, hangouts, reunions, popularity, ugh this is so good for me-us I meant us." She yelled one last time, trying her best to contain her excitement.

"Let's not get too excited, I'm literally only swimming there because I like swimming, not because im looking for a boyfriend." I looked to my right, checking the time that read 10:23 p.m. I let out a deep sigh. "But, talk to you tomorrow alright? I'm like tired from practice today and I just really wanna sleep." I waved at the camera, saying goodnight to her.

I laid down on my bed, flashing through the day and how unreal it feels to now officially be apart of the most known swimmers at Amphitrite.