NOT AN UPDATE

I apologize for this not being an actual update on the story. I promise I'll update the next chapter within the next few days, and I know you guys might not want to read anymore on this subject, but I felt the need to post this.

***

For the past few days, I've had a battle within my mind of how I feel about the situation that is causing somewhat of a rift within the fandom, and I've decided that I wanted to share my opinions with you guys. Yes, I know that there's been many opinions or rants put out about this subject, but I feel the need to get it out of my system and hopefully help some others in the process.

When I first found out about this band, I immediately became a Luke girl [obviously I love them each the same, but I can't help that my soft spot for Luke is a little bigger] and I've grown very fond of him even though I don't even know him.

Throughout the past two years of being a fan, I've wanted nothing but happiness for him and Ashton, Michael, and Calum. These four boys mean a hell of a lot to me, as they do for all of you as well. We know that we'd do anything for them, even if that includes going through hell and back.

Being a fan comes with a lot of responsibilities whether you realize it or not, and one of the most important things is supporting them through their journey. We not only support them as musicians but as individuals also.

There will be things that they do or say that we won't necessarily approve of -- which is obviously the whole point of this discussion -- but in the end there's nothing we can really do.

So, to the point, Luke has found himself a girlfriend. It was a little bit of an upset when I first saw pictures of him with Arzaylea, and I'm sure you guys had a moment as well, but I think I've finally come to terms with the situation at hand.

He has a girlfriend. Okay? He's doing what any other 19 year old guy would do, and that's something we have to accept as his fans. I know it's difficult to accept, trust me, I know, but he's a big boy and I'm sure he knows what he's doing. Although we probably don't agree with his actions, it's ultimately up to him who he dates.

Honestly, I have mixed thoughts about her because I don't really know what her intentions are. I've done some research and I've seen many things about her being a terrible person pressuring Luke to do things he's not comfortable with and that she's only after the fame and money, but I've also seen things completely contradicting those facts.

No matter what I read, it doesn't matter because I still don't know her personally. In fact, none of us really do, so that gives us no right to make assumptions.

It also doesn't give us the right to belittle her or Luke. It does not allow us to think the worst of her just because we aren't okay with Luke being in a relationship.

There have been many rude comments including death threats directed at her, as well as rude comments towards Luke, and honestly guys, that just breaks my heart. We are a family first and foremost, and even though families fight and argue with each other, they shouldn't tear each other down. Not one bit.

I can understand why people don't like her, but you can't say mean things to her. You can't bully her because we are a family. Also, I know many people in the fandom are bullied themselves or have gone through some tramautic experiences that are comforted by their music or the boys themselves. So, how could it be okay to put somebody through that? It's not.

These comments need to stop. I'm appalled at them and clearly Luke is appalled as well. Although, I'm not entirely sure if it's true [I wish it wasn't but I'm not so sure], Luke has apparently been unfollowing fans due to the rude comments. It's devastating to know that he's resulted to such drastic measures. Am I okay with him doing that? Absolutely not! It breaks my heart to know he's unfollowing fans who have supported him and want nothing but to protect him, but at the same time I can understand where he's coming from.

He has the right to protect himself and Arzaylea from such hateful comments.

I wish it hadn't come down to this. I wish we could go back to peaceful times, but this is one of the things that comes along with supporting them.

We have to be able to step back and allow them freedom. Yes, we have the right to share our opinions, but honestly as the saying goes, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. You're allowed to speak your minds, but please don't tear down people in the process.

Being a Luke girl has been hard lately. It's been hell, but like I said, he's grown and he's aware of what he's doing. In the end, it's about his happiness, and that's all we want for him, right?

If you're upset about Luke and Arzaylea, I understand.

If you're frustrated, I understand.

But please, please don't make any rash decisions during this time.

Don't cancel your pre-order. They've worked so damn hard and are so eager to share the new broken scene with us. We should be proud and willing to hear what they've produced for us.

Don't take it out on yourself. Take a deep breath and a drink of water because it'll be okay, I promise.

And once again, don't send hate. Please think twice before you send hate to either one of them because they don't deserve it.

I love you guys and this is just something we'll have to adjust to. Yes, this might be a stunt and they might break up at some point, but there's a possibility that it's pure and they won't, and we'll adjust, okay? We can do this.

Luke stated it himself, it should be about happiness, always.

And honestly, if I could say one thing to her, I'd tell her to be careful because she's got someone extremely special, and he deserves the world.

If any of you want to express your feelings, feel free to post in the comments or message me directly. My ears are wide open and ready to listen to whatever you have to say.

xoxo,
jules