STAWP | Chapter 31

Guess what?!?!?! I've got another chapter for you! *let's have a Mr. Hanks drum roll please* 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logan

Saffron gasps when I close the door behind us, shutting out the light. I know she prefers I call her Sofie but it doesn't really suit her. To me, she'll always be Saffron. Not that I'm going to tell her that. Bad enough I criticized her clothes. No way am I criticizing her name, too.

"What are we doing?" she asks hesitantly.

Since we're in a janitor's closet, the answer should be obvious. I pull her into my arms and cover her lips with mine. All I want is to touch her, to be close to her, to be with my Saffron.

Mate, my wolf sighs over the link, but Saffron and her wolf don't respond. A part of me is actually starting to think she can't hear us, but that's impossible. All wolves can link. It's just something we're born with.

The more likely explanation is that Saffron and her wolf are mad at me for not telling my pack she's my mate. Maybe she expected me to do it at breakfast, or on the drive to school, and I disappointed her.

I get why she's mad, too. I don't want her to think I'm ashamed of her, and if I could have told them, I would have. I even spent half the night last night wracking my brain, trying to come up with a better plan than Father's; a way to be with Saffron without jeopardizing my position as pack Alpha. At least I did when I wasn't mentally reliving every moment of our hot make out session. It's a wonder I got any sleep at all.

I pull my mate closer. Her fingers press lightly against my chest, neither encouraging me nor pushing me away. Her kisses are sweet, tentative, like she's not sure what to do after everything we shared last night. Last night, when I could feel her body beneath mine and the bathroom was filled with her breathless moans as I kissed her.

Saffron wraps her arms around my neck and I put all my frustration into the kiss. I want to make her moan again, to hear her say my name. I want her to tell me she's mine. That she belongs to me. She's my mate and I have loved her from the moment our eyes met. If I can't say those words out loud, then I can show her, and maybe her wolf will forgive me.

A part of me knows I shouldn't be taking things this far. Father was right when he said my mate needed time to learn to stand up for herself. I mean, Saffron nearly broke down in class and she's terrified of getting in trouble with Mr. Hanks... who is a complete pushover and, to top it off, human! That's unacceptable for any wolf, but especially for a Luna.

After all the thinking I did last night, I came to a realization. Saffron may have trouble controlling the Omega part of her, but that doesn't mean that she can't do it—that she can't change. The Moon Goddess wouldn't have picked her for me—made her an Alpha's mate—if she didn't have the potential to one day become a Luna. Maybe I can even help speed the process along.

That's why I have to stick to Father's plan. For the most part, anyway. There's no reason I can't secretly hook up with my mate while I'm at it. So long as Saffron thinks she's on her own the rest of the time.

I wish I didn't have to put her through that. It's not her fault she's like this. Her asshole of a father did this to her and he's the one who should pay. Not my Saffron. Never my Saffron!

I push all thoughts of the man aside and kiss my mate with everything I am. I slide my hands around her waist and then grab her ass, pulling her against me. I love how wonderful Saffron feels in my arms and I never want the feeling to end.