Reader x Bertolt: It's Quiet Uptown

I'm waiting for all the Hamilton comments.

Enjoy!

With your dominant hand, you play four keys on the piano. Making staccato sounds of each key four times fast. You hum along, your other hand cradled your small daughter. Sleeping peacefully, she was unaware of what your family was going through. Your face remained stoic, what you were feeling right now was so overwhelming that you couldn't put it in words.

You stopped playing when your daughter stirred, you stood up and went to your children's room to lay your daughter in her crib. Humming so she'll remain asleep, you couldn't help but look at the pale colored four poster bed at the other side of the room. Your heart clenches.

It's quiet. You are going through the unimaginable.

A year before, you were bared the news of your husband having an affair while you and your children were spending the summer upstate with your father and siblings.
A month ago, your eldest was involved in a duel you had no clue of. But your husband did. The next morning after that, your son died before his 20th.
A week ago, the family moved uptown.

It's quiet uptown.

As you were heading down, you saw your husband in the garden before going downtown without looking back.

Two hours later, he came back and sat down on the dining table. Instead of eating what's on his plate, he took the time to feed his daughter with the saddest fake smile he has ever given.

Bertolt sighed for the umpteenth time since dawn cracked. He walks on the pavement in the gardens, the crunches of each leaf he has stepped on provided the feeling of dread everytime he tried to forget it.
His name was Bertolt Hoover, and there was a million things he has done. When they all have waited, they were disappointed.

He walks downtown and frowns at the church. He had just started to take his daughter there on Sunday. He went inside, knelt and pray. This never happened before.

Every time he walked around town, the people pity him for having to go through the unimaginable.
Walking uptown, Bertolt relishes the quiet.

"Oh how you would like it here." He said to his eldest. If he was here or not. He didn't care. Bertolt didn't like the quiet before. "It's quiet uptown."

He relishes the fun times he had with his eldest. He loved him with all his heart.

When he reached home, he saw you in the gardens, hugging yourself. Bertolt approaches you.

"Look at where we are." Bertolt started. "Look at where we started. I know I don't deserve you, (y/n). But hear me out. That would be enough."

You sit down on the bench and didn't meet eye contact with your husband. He stands in front of you and you could see his hands shaking.

"If I could spare his life...If I could trade his life for mine...He'd be standing here right now. And you would smile..." Bertolt's voice breaks. "...that would be enough."

He hungs his head. "There's no replacing what we lost. But I'm not afraid. I know who I married." He reaches for your hand and you let him hold it. "Just let me stay here beside you...that would be enough."

You would accompany Bertolt on his walks after that. Bertolt did his best to keep everything light. "(y/n), do you like it uptown? It's quiet uptown."

At night, he walks you to the park. To a spot where the entire city was seen. "Look around, (y/n)".

The atmosphere was light.

A week later. You were outside with your husband again. Standing in the gardens. He was by your side, both of you were going through the unimaginable.

You reach for Bertolt's hand and squeeze it. Bertolt looks at your intertwined hands and then to you. But you stared at the horizon, tears in your eyes and a calming small smile etched on your face.

"It's quiet uptown."

Hamilton is yas. You should check it out! Their OST is available EVERYWHERE.

So! I wish to make a quick side note here.

I am dedicating a majority of my time in a new Wattpad Account.

THAT DOES NOT MEAN I WILL ABANDON THIS ONE. NO. NOT AT ALL.

I want to start making original stories and gain recognition from scratch. I love writing fanfiction but I don't think it has it's own originality. The stories are 100% original but I love Characters and everything revolving around them. I love making my own characters and see how I can mold them and give them life through my writing. I love to watch them grow in my stories. See how they progress.

Basically I want to be a parent and actually watch my kids grow.

Updates on everything in this account WILL BE ABSOLUTELY SLOW. It won't be a job anymore but a pass time. I hope you Trainees understand and continue to support me in my new account.

Which I haven't made yet. But I'll keep you all updated.

Call this account the Fanfiction Side. All fanfictions will go here. The other account will only host original stories. Some in English and some in Tagalog!
Ye.

Thank you all so so much for everything you have done for me. We have all came far.

Until next time, be Humanity's Hope, Trainees!

Sylvia-Danchou is out, peace!