Stay

I felt tears start to form around my eyes. "Sarah, sweetie, why would you ask that? He loves you." I said. "I know he loves me mom, but a 14 year old girl is a lot different than a baby. He left you after a one night stand almost 15 years ago. How do I know that he won't freak out and leave us once this baby is born?" She said as the tears started to flow down her cheeks faster. "I believe that Adam is more mature now. He was 20 years old and one night stands were his thing. He's different now Sarah. I understand your worry, but I think you should talk to him about it." I said. "But aren't you scared mom!" She shouted. I felt the tears start to fall down my cheeks. "Of course I'm scared Sarah. I've been scared since the second I found out. But I know he's changed Sarah." I said. Sarah and I sat in her room for another 2 hours talking about the baby. 

"Lena? Sarah?" I heard Adam's voice downstairs. Sarah and I quickly wipped our tears away. "We're in Sarah's room." I said. He came up the stairs and into Sarah's room. "Hey how was your..." He stopped mid-sentence. "Have you two been crying?" He asked as he sat next to me. I looked at Sarah. I could see the tears starting to form around her eyes again. I grabbed Adam's hand. "Come with me." I said as I led him out of Sarah's room and shut her door. I led Adam to our bedroom and closed our door. We both sat down on the bed.

"What's wrong with Sarah? It's her birthday, she should be happy." He said. "After you left, I walked upstairs and I heard her crying. I walked into her room and asked her what was wrong. Adam she asked me what would happen if you left again." I said. I felt the tears starting to fall down my cheeks again. "Oh god, Lena. I'm not going to leave you and Sarah!" Adam said. "Adam, I'm going to be honest. I'm scared too. A 14 year old girl is much different than a newborn baby. How do I know that you won't get scared and leave?" I said. I felt Adam wrap his arms around me. "Lena, I'm never going to leave again. No matter what happens, I will be here with you, Sarah, and our baby. Through thick and thin I will always be here and you can count on that." He said. "I love you Lena. I'm never going to leave you ever again." He said. "I love you too Adam." I said. He kissed my cheek. "Sarah, can you come here?" He shouted. I watched our bedroom door open. "Yes," She said. She walked over to Adam and I and he pulled her onto his lap. "Sarah, I want you to know, that I will never leave you, your mom, or this baby. I love the 3 of you so much and I could never let you go." He said. "I love you dad." She said as she hugged him. "I love you too Sarah." He said.

"Which reminds me," Adam said as he left the room. He came back upstairs with a crib box and a body pillow. "These were all I could buy since we don't know the gender of our baby." He said. "Oh my gosh Adam," I said. "This is so sweet," I said as I kissed him. I suddenly felt light-headed and I felt myself fall over.

And that's the last thing I remember.