17. I wish I could always make you happy!!

Hey friends, I hope you like the story and remember, if you feel like commenting or giving me tips at any point if the story, just select the particular paragraph and press the comment button.

So have a good reading.
::*::**::*::**::*::**::*::**::*::**::*::** ::*::**::*::

Soon after taking a shower, I took my phone and whatsapped her number.

"Still angry?"
-Ram Charan.

The message got delivered but she was offline. Damn!! Dhruvika come online. Oh.. How I wish I had Rithika's number.

I slowly pressed her dp, and my screen was filled by her photo. She was posing with Rithika, who was sticking out her tongue at her. Dhruvika looked happy in it, the happiness could be read in her eyes.

I immediately changed my status, "I wish I could always make you happy..." Yes I want to make her happy, I want to see her smile like this and I would hold her face.

Soon I got busy reading a case file. Even then the message was not delivered to her and I got frustrated. Thoughts of her flooded my mind. The day we met.. The accident.. Her unconscious face. This thought brought back another memory of her shivering as I spoke of the accident. Was she really scared? Then why did she speak about leaving them alone? And why the shiver?

I should ask her once she sees it. But first things first, she had asked me to leave them alone. And since she asked, and also because its the first thing she ever asked, I'm gonna make it done for her.

I took my cell and dialled Kharim's number. He was my assistant officer in the office. He took the phone by the third ring.

"Hello Good evening Sir, I was planning to call you today to speak about that accident". He said as soon as he took the phone. He was a loyal officer and was my senior regarding our experience in service.

He had a son who was about my age, and has always seen me as a son. "Ha Karim Bai, even I called you to talk about that." I responded, making coffee to ease my hangover.

"Jhi, then first you please start." He said and I told him to stop investigate about the case.

"But Ram beta, we have got a new information corresponding the case. It was clearly a hit and run case and we traced the number plate of the car. But what is more interesting is that the car is addressed after one Mr.Sangha, a bank employee.

"He says that his car was stolen few days ago and that he has drafted a complaint in the nearby station. We even contacted the station office to investigate about this and it is proved to be true. We also checked the man's status and it is clean of any readmarks.
It seems like he is saying the truth, but we didn't get any new leads to this. " He said and I chose to remain silent while he spoke.

"Sir, so should we stop the investigation?" He asked finally.

So this wasn't a simple hit and run. "No, go on with the investigation and ask who ever is behind the case to give me up to date infos, can you do that, Kharim bhai?" I asked and he agreed to it. Soon we disconnected the call after exchanging our greetings.

So there is two possibilities, one: this is a clear case of car thievery or two: there was some other reason behind this, which the department would soon bring out the light. Anyway, because of the accident, I've found my girl.

I quickly took my phone and checked whatsapp. There it was, a reply from Dhruvika. Shit!! It was send almost 10 minutes ago.. When I was on the call... Shitttt!! I hope she is still online.

I read her message and a smile immediately came to my face.

D: Angry? Kyun? I'm not angry.

Achchaa, so is my girl blushing again!