Welcome to Mount Justice! (Updated)

HAPPY HARBOUR - MAY 25th

7:01PM

Desmond cried out in bewilderment as his visor suddenly went black. He flailed around on his chair, his arms flapping and flexing as far as his restraints would allow. It wasn't long before two voices started arguing, causing his heartbeat to quicken with fear.

It was unbearable, like his heart was going to smash through his chest plate. He couldn't see who was talking, but their voices quickly raised, a tell-tale sign their chat was turning into an argument. The volume of their argument was unsettling, but the fact that they WERE arguing filled Desmond with the hope that he might get out of here alive.

"Batman!" a voice pleaded. "You can't kill him! He hasn't done anything wrong!"

Desmond's panicked heart froze when he heard that name.
Batman?! The guy from the Justice League?! What the hell was he doing HERE?!

"Miss Martian!" another voice (which Desmond assumed to be Batman's) said sternly. "I told you to stay in the lounge room with the others!"

The two voices degenerated into protests and arguments, both of them verbally grappling for a moral high ground over the other. While the argument was taking place, Desmond resumed his panicking, pulling at his restraints with even more desperation.

"What's all this about killing me?!" he screamed as he pulled sides of his blindfold. "I'm right here, you know!"

The voices suddenly stopped arguing, just as a voice echoed in Desmond's head.

"Don't worry," the voice assured. "You'll be OK. Just give us a minute and we'll have you out in a jiffy!"

Desmond raised an eyebrow. Was that the girl from earlier?
"Great." he groaned. "Now I'm hearing voices in my head. Always wondered when I'd go crazy..."

The disembodied voice that Batman called 'Miss Martian' let out a small, girly giggle. But her snickering was cut short when a rush of wind flew through the room, almost knocking Desmond off his recliner.
But it wasn't just any wind. Whatever it was, it made the hairs on Desmond's arm stand on end and turned the air hot, as if it had been full of electricity.

"Don't go soft on this guy, Megan!" a hyperactive voice snapped. "He destroyed my couch!!"
Desmond looked in the direction of the voice.
"It was an accident, Wally!" the female voice (M'gann? Miss Martian, was it?) said. "His powers were out of control when we brought him here!"
The hyperactive voice gave up on winning Miss Martian over, letting out a sound between a sob and a groan.

"I oughta run around the world a gazillion times and punch you square in the face!!" he snapped in Desmond's direction.

Desmond couldn't tell if that was a threat or not. What the hell was going on here?!

"Enough yelling!" he finally screamed out. "Will someone get me out of this thing and tell me what the HELL is going on!?"
The echo of Desmond's voice lingered in the room a few more seconds before another footfall resounded from the next room. This footfall was different from the others, no electrical winds, no silence beforehand. Just calm, restrained footsteps and a very heavy sigh.

"Batman," a gentle voice inquired. "Will you just let him out?"
Batman showed no resistance to the voice, at least nothing more than a murmur of exasperation.
"Take it off him very carefully, Zatanna"

Desmond's ears pricked up. Zata-what? What a weird na-
The helmet finally slid off, and was now in the hands of a smiling girl before Desmond's eyes. She was a little shorter than he was, but her height wasn't a feature that caught his attention. She had a lightly tanned complexion (Italian or Greek if he had to guess) with deep, cyan-blue eyes and the most intense, raven-black hair Desmond had ever seen in his life.
She was breath-taking...
"Hi." the girl smiled. "I'm Zatanna, nice to meet you."
A smile formed on Desmond's face as she moved for his wrist-bindings. Oh, she had no idea how nice it wa-
"Agh!!"
Zatanna winced as the binding tightened on Desmond's left wrist, causing the boy to jolt in his chair.
"Ah, sorry!" she apologised quickly.
Desmond groaned with pain as the binding came off, holding his wrist for a few seconds with a sigh.
Guess that will teach me to be a pervert...