Therapy

Oh man I can't believe that I just confessed my love for them, what was I thinking? I was now locked in the guest bedroom because after I told them my feelings neither one of them said anything for 10 painful minutes and I bolted.  Oh god, i'm so embarrassed and now my ankle is throbbing from running up the stairs.  

I was pacing back and forth in front of the bed trying to come up with a plan.  It's not like I could take back what I said and I don't really think that I want to because I meant it.  Is it even possible to love people you hardly know? 

"Katie?" I heard a knock at the door and my heart sped up even more if that was possible.  I ran my fingers through hair and took a deep breath mentally preparing myself for what is on the other side of that door.  

My hand was shaking as I went to reach for the knob.  Before I could chicken out I turned the knob and opened the door.  

I knew they were standing there but I couldn't make myself look them in the eyes.  

"Katie, you don't have anything to be embarrassed about." Douglas began.  "We were just so caught off guard when you told us you loved us  we were just speechless." He cupped my face in both of his hands and made me look him in the eyes, my cheeks flushing red.  

"I love you so much baby girl." He whispered before he connected our lips.  It was slow, intimate, and making my knees weak.  He brushed his tongue over my lips asking for entrance. I opened my mouth unsure because I've never kissed anyone like this, and i'm pretty sure he sensed my discomfort because he pulled back.  

"It's alright baby, well take things as slow as you need." Douglas smiled at me and pulled me into his warm embrace.  

"I'm sorry, I wish I could be better for you." I mumbled into his chest.  I was suddenly yanked out of his hold and thrown over Jordan's shoulder causing a giggle to escape my mouth.  

"Where are we going?" I ask but he remained silent as he walked down the stairs trying not to stare at his butt, which by the was looks amazing in the pants he's wearing.  He walks into the living room and sits me down on the sofa.  

"Katie," he starts, the mood becoming serious in a matter of seconds. "You are so much better than anyone we could have hoped to spend the rest of our lives with." A lump formed in my throat as I listened to him.  "You have been through so much in your life that most people couldn't imagine getting through and you're still here, you're still right here with us.  So I don't ever want to hear you say anything like that again, okay?"

He reached up and wiped a stray tear right below my left eye as I nodded my head.  I reached my arms out to his neck pulling him to me as his toned arms snaked around my back.  

"Do you think we could maybe get the rest of my things from my house?" I look up at Jordan with hopeful eyes. 

"Whenever we came to your house to bring your school bag, we had gotten everything before we left.  It's all in the our room." Douglas smiled at me from where he was sitting on the couch.  

"No, i'm talking about the things that I've hidden in my room under the loose floor board." 

"Oh, yeah we can get those for you tonight." Douglas smiled at me from across the couch.

"Do i have to go with you though? I don't really want to go back there." I looked down in shame, Its just a house and it makes me sick thinking about going back there.  What's wrong with me?

"Hey," Douglas said softly. "Don't do that.  It's okay to not want to go back there."

"I-i think that I would like to talk with Mitchell.  I know its random but I think that it would help me feel better and I have been so confused lately, and I promised you I would." I muttered hoping that maybe they wouldn't hear me.  Surprise! They did.