Chapter 14

Ever since the day at the carnival, Derek and I have definitely been closer. We haven't been fighting, until today. Have you ever heard of the calm before the storm?

Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the storm.

I walked up to Derek to ask him about something for a class. I tapped his shoulder but pulled my hand back when he tensed up.

He turned around and slightly relaxed when he saw me. I looked at him worriedly. I tilted my head.

"It's nothing Case." He grumbled. I rose my eyebrows at him clearly not believing the facade.

He scowled at me. I mimicked him in a ridiculous way. Maybe it would make him laugh.

His scowl deepened and he glared at me.

"Just leave me alone Case."

That's it. I angrily pulled out my whiteboard, which looks completely ridiculous if you're an outsider.

I tried scribbling something on it but it was ripped out of my hands. I looked up in shock.

"I said leave it Casey." This time he didn't say 'Case'. He must be frustrated with me. Tough luck.

I shook my head defiantly. I'm not backing down without a fight. He growled and threw his hands up in the air.

"Sometimes you're really annoying to hang out with!" He yelled at me. It wasn't the first time I had been told that so it didn't even make me flinch.

I shrugged.

His faced seemed to turn red and I debated on dropping the topic. Seeing as he was about to blow, I took a few steps back.

"Leave me alone Casey! Go back to your snotty daddy's princess life and leave me alone." He hissed at me. I stumbled back a few steps with tears burning in my eyes. His eyes filled with regret in an instant.

"Case I-" he stuttered. I blinked several times before stalking away.

"FINE! BE LIKE THAT!" His voice wasn't as confident or cold as before.

My eyes burned more and I ran out of the school once I was out of his sight.

He knows my life. Why would he say that? I know I was pushing a little hard, but did I do something wrong other than that?

I finally reached my house. I swung open the door and grabbed my secret stash of candy and movies.

The perfect remedy for a bad day.
••
Derek's POV:

"Leave me alone Casey! Go back to your snotty daddy's princess life and leave me alone." I hissed at her. I immediately regretted it when I saw heavy tears form in her eyes.

"Case I-" I tried to form a coherent sentence. She turned and walked away from me. The anger from earlier bubbled up.

"FINE! BE LIKE THAT!" My voice boomed less confidently down the hallway. When she thought I couldn't see her, she ran out of the school.

I looked down at the white board in my hands.

You can trust me with...

The writing stopped. I guess I didn't let her finish. I slopped my head against my locker a couple of times.

I'm screwed.

I'm no better than her old group of friends.

The thought hurt me more than anything else. It wasn't her fault that I was in a bad mood, it was that stupid football team's fault.

They were talking smack about her. Usually I wouldn't care, but Casey is different. She is sweet and hasn't done anything to him.

They keep talking about her over and over again.

It drives me crazy.

I looked at the whiteboard. I've gotta fix this, and I have to do it fast.

I ran to the nearest sonic I could find and ordered a hot fudge milkshake and mozzarella sticks. The order came out and I ran as fast as I could to her house.

I paced nervously at the front door before ringing the bell. The door swung open to reveal her little brother and his friend.

"I'm gonna beat you up for making my sister sad." Grant hissed at me.

"She is so pretty and lets us stay up late. I'm going to be her boyfriend one day." Brett sighed. Grant gave him a dirty look and shook his head.

"Dude. That's gross." Brett thought for a second and agreed.

"I know. I'm going to fix it. I need you two to let me in." I explained. They looked at each other while seemingly having a silent conversation. They liked at me with squinted eyes and nodded.

The door opened wider. Casey's mom was staring at me with her hands on her hips. I waked inside and she lightly smacked me upside the head. I rubbed my neck sheepishly.

"You go take her that food, boy." She told me sternly. I nodded my head and walked up the stairs.

I knocked on the door timidly 4 times. I heard moving around before the door swung open.

There was Case and her bloodshot eyes.
••
Hey Kae's Baes!

I'm sorry I haven't updated. I just got my braces off and we have band uniform fitting On Tuesday. It was amazing!

I feel like a superhero in it. My homecoming dance is on Saturday so yay for that.

2 questions:

1) have I mentioned time of year in this book?

2) Do you like curly or straight hair better?

THATS ALL!

TTYL