forty-four

2 weeks later

Luke's hand held tightly onto Mae's as he led her down the path to one of his favorite places in the world. She's asked numerous times where he's taking her, but he's refused to tell her each time.

He can tell she's getting furious with him, but in a moment or so she's going to have a change of heart.

"You know, I could totally sue you for doing this," she chuckles.

"For wanting to surprise my girlfriend? Hm, I can't say anyone's ever been sued for such a terrible act," Luke mumbles, trying to contain his laughter.

Obviously she's going to be a little frustrated considering there's a blindfold around her eyes. "Just wait one more minute."

He uses his free hand to twist the doorknob and once they're inside, he lets go of her hand and tells her to remove the blindfold. Once her hands untie the fabric, her eyes widen in surprise at what's in front of her.

Luke's standing with his arms stretched out, gesturing to everything surrounding them. There are numerous instruments laid around the room, and as Mae looks around, she realizes just where they are -- a recording studio. And not just any recording studio, but the recording studio where 5 Seconds of Summer creates their albums.

"Luke," she breathes, "this is amazing." He smiles from ear to ear as her hands trail among the neck of his guitar. She's very gentle, her fingers barely laying upon the strings.

"I can show you how to play if you'd like," he says, strolling up behind her. His hand lays on top of hers, and she blushes immediately.

"Sure," she agrees.

She walks over to couch while Luke picks up the guitar, holding it firmly by the neck. Once he makes his way over to the couch, he nods signalling her to get up for a moment. She abides, thus allowing him to sit on the leather cushion. She looks at him with a sarcastic smile knowing exactly what he's looking for her to do. As she gently sits upon his lap, Luke moves the guitar so it's resting on hers.

"Okay, so the first thing to know is," he begins as he places her right hand on the body of the guitar and her left hand in the middle of the fretboard. As Luke speaks multiple guitar terms to her, she listens and follows along with everything he says.

Their hands move along perfectly, and together they manage to create a beautiful melody. Although it's a very simple song, she enjoys the moment nonetheless. It just so happens she's always wanted to learn how to play, and being taught by Luke is better than she could've ever imagined.

"There you go," he encourages, "you're pretty good, you know."

"Please," she snorts, "I only sound good because you're guiding me."

"Well, I'm a pretty good teacher, and not just at the guitar," he winks suggestively.

She nudges his shoulder softly as she slides off of his lap and onto the other couch cushion with the guitar still in her hands. "Don't try and seduce me, Hemmings. It won't work." Her fingers begin plucking some of the chords that Luke showed her, and since she's so focused on that, she doesn't realize what Luke's up to.

He slowly moves toward her, removing the guitar from her hands, and pulls her atop his lap for the second time, but this time he faces her toward him.

"You sure it won't work, sweetheart?" He whispers, his cool breath fanning her face causing her insides to heat up immediately.

His hands rest on her waist while hers wrap instinctively around her neck. "Oh, I'm sure."

He raises his eyebrows in confusion because he's more than sure this is working. It's been known to work plenty of times before since he's had some experience in the field. Actually, it's interesting when he really thinks about it because everyone's always so quick to assume he's the innocent one in the band, but that's not always the case.

"Besides," she continues, breaking Luke from his thoughts, "I'm usually the one who seduces."

She smirks and within a moment Luke roughly attaches his lips to hers, setting sparks off. As the two of them relish each other's presence, thoughts begin to invade Mae's thoughts, and after Luke moans her name into her mouth, she's brought into reality and pulls back immediately.

Her eyes narrow at Luke as he begins to disappear from her sight. "What the hell?" She says aloud, but to her dismay the words fill the air around her, and only her.

Luke has completely disappeared from underneath her as a slight pain erupts in her lower back. Within seconds, her eyes pop open and she's staring at none other than a cold, black surface.

As she lifts her head, she realizes just where she is -- in her bedroom, stationed at her computer desk. Everything is fuzzy including her head. She has no idea what's going on, but once she focuses her attention on the computer screen in front of her, she nearly falls out of her chair.

She's logged into Twitter, and she's in the middle of typing a tweet.

@maelynn: @Luke5SOS maybe if you didn't sleep so

Her mind races as she glances from the unfinished tweet to the keyboard once again. There's a shiny residue coating a few of the letters -- drool.

And then it all comes to her in flashes.

Tweeting Luke. Direct messaging Luke. Meeting Luke. The twenty one pilots concert with Luke. Spending days and nights with Luke. Confiding in and falling head over heels for Luke.

All of it. Everything and anything between her and Luke Hemmings was just a dream.

hi, hey, hello. so, hopefully this all makes sense :') and hopefully you guys don't hate me

btw sorry for not really updating it's just everything going on right now with luke has kinda been messing with my inspiration for this story

but just so you guys know skht will be ending very soon. there's only about one or two more chapters
-jules