Chapter 41

Alex's POV

I woke up before everyone else in the house, so I took the opportunity to quietly feed Sebastian and Peyton, then take them for a walk in the neighbourhood afterwards. To be honest, that thought I had before going to bed last night made me panic a bit, and walking around only let my mind explore these thoughts even more. I know why I thought it last night...because Rachel said she was too tired for sex, and thats the kind of thing old married couples would say. Just look at those old sit-coms, that was the excuse they use all the time.

But of course, my mind was still on that thought. What if I said it for a different reason? I'm glad I didn't say it out loud though, I was afraid of what Rachel would think of that. I guess I've been known to get attached to the girls I date if I really like them. In fact, in the 6th grade my first "girlfriend" Tasha Cyprus broke up with me because I wouldn't leave her alone at recess. And I knew that I didn't want Rachel to leave me like that.

My thoughts were interrupted when my phone rang in my jacket pocket. I grabbed it and saw my mothers phone number on the screen.

"Hey mom, how are you? How's the weather in Barbados?" I asked, jealous of her and my father being on vacation in the warm weather.

"Hi sweetie, your father and I are great and its so beautiful here! We wish you had come with us" she said sounding a bit upset. I was about to apologize for not coming on vacation with them when she continued, "but you made a good argument of how you wanted to stay with that girlfriend of yours for the holidays. How are you two? It's Rachel right?"

"Thanks for understanding on why I wanted to stay here with her. Yes, its Rachel, and we're doing great. In fact, me and the dogs moved in with her about a week ago." I told her as I stood at the end of the sidewalk, waiting for my turn to cross the street with the dogs.

"Wow thats a big step, I didn't realize you two were that serious. And how come I havent met her yet? Your father and I would love to have you two over sometime"

"What? How have I not introduced you guys to her for this long?!" I said more surprised with myself, "I think she would love you and dad. I'll run the idea past her today, maybe we can come over when you guys get back for your vacation? When do you get back anyways?"

"Hey dont ask me why you didn't do something, Al" my mom joked with me, I couldn't help but let out a small laugh, "we get back on the 28th. Maybe you would like to bring her to the New Years Eve party we're going to. I can give you the details when we get home and you can think about it."

My mom and I continued talking for the rest of my walk. She mostly talked about the things they had done on their vacation. Occasionally she would ask me about Rachel more and on the inside I was so happy knowing that she wanted to know more about my girl. By the time we hung up, I was back at our house, and decided that I'd make a big breakfast for everyone.

About half an hour later, I had made french toast and a crapload of pancakes. I had a feeling that everyone would soon wake up from the smell of all the food.

I had just put on the bacon and it started to sizzle very loudly, but I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and the dogs going to greet whoever had come down.

"Mornin' babe" I heard Rachel's voice over the sound of the sizzling bacon.

I didn't bother to look back at her but I replied back with a "morning Rach" and continued cooking. Once I was finished with the entire pack of bacon, I grabbed a piece for me and one for Rachel to bring over to her in the living room where I heard the tv.

I started walking towards the living room, "I've got bacon! Woah." I dropped the food when I saw her sitting there on the couch. Sitting there so innocently, watching an old episode of CSI, in her new lingerie.