Chapter-13 *Coffee Date*✔

*Jessica's P.O.V*

I looked around and panicked. My eyes widened and a gasp escaped from my mouth.

I was in an unfamiliar block and I cursed at myself for being so stupid. I should have looked for directions. How could I be so careless?

God, now what should I do now?

Should I call Nina? No, she'd kill me. I only had a few options now: Call Nina and get prepared for a yelling; call Noah and get the biggest lecture about my carelessness with a slight chance he'd inform Nina, taking me back to square one; or use Google Maps.

The last option seemed the safest with less yelling, so I unlocked my phone and searched for my location.

Damn it, the internet was so slow.

After a few minutes, Google Maps was still searching. I groaned and pulled my hair in frustration.

I couldn't stay here, so I started walking. I crossed the street and saw some guys standing on the corner. They looked engrossed in some serious discussion. Suddenly, a tall guy from that group noticed me. Then he turned to one of his friend and muttered something in his ear, probably about my presence.

Damn, what should I do now? I only had one option left: Call Nina.

I turned around and quickly scroll my contact list to search Nina's number but before I could dialled it, my heart stopped as I heard voices.

Shit.

"Hey, are you lost?" someone shouted behind me.

"Need help?"

I panicked and after few minutes, I could hear footsteps following me. I didn't have the courage to look back, so I started running.

"Wait!" they shouted again.

I ignored them and carried on, my legs going faster. I took some random turns and reached the road. I was running so fast that, I didn't notice a car coming towards me until the brakes screeched and skidded to a stop right in front of me. My eyes widened when I saw the person step out the car.

Max.

He looked shocked as he saw me standing there in the middle of the road. My heart was beating rapidly, eyes red, hair blowing around my face. I must have looked terrible.

Wait a minute, I should be panicked right now. Then, why the hell am I thinking about my looks?

Definitely crazy!

I turned back to check if whoever was following me was still there, but they were gone. Relief washed over me and I looked at Max, who was staring at me like he'd seen a ghost. He started walking over to me and I cursed myself for insulting him. Now, he had the perfect opportunity to get revenge. He stood in front of me and tucked a few loose strands of my hair behind my ear. My eyes widened by his actions.

I've seen this in movies; the hero kisses the heroine, but this isn't a movie, Jazz, and he isn't the hero.

"Are you okay?" he asked softly.

Wait a minute, am I dreaming? This can't be real.

"What are you doing here?" he questioned, but I didn't answer. I was too shocked to respond to anything.

He must be faking this, right?

When I continued looking blankly at him, still in a state of shock, he rolled his eyes.

"Get in the car. I'll drop you off."

He walked towards his car, opening the passenger's side and stood there. I didn't move. I blinked twice and realized it wasn't a dream. He was actually here, offering me a ride.