26.) Movie Nights

“Get up or I will seriously install permanent damage to your physical health.”

That is such a nice way to wake up, isn’t it? Especially when the threat wasn’t even directed at me, but the mostly-naked guy by my side, who was also dead asleep. Which seemed to be the whole problem here, because Ryder was standing at the doorway, throwing things in our direction from pillows to pencils.

“I’m up.” I groaned, even though I knew he wasn’t trying to wake me up, but Jackson.

“You guys are lucky I’m such a good person.” He told me. “Holly’s looking for you and you are also so lucky that I got to you before she did. She’s searching the first floor now, so you have about point five seconds to get out of here.”

“They know, though, isn’t that what you said?” I grumbled tiredly.

“Holly knows that you’re together, she doesn’t know that you’ve fucked, and you’re making it pretty obvious right now.” He informed me. 

I sprang out of the bed, knowing that I was wearing Jackson’s button down white dress shirt and my panties, so I was at least slightly decent. “You could have come over to the bed and woken one of us up instead of just standing at the door throwing things at us.” I mumbled as I hurriedly grabbed my dress, heels, and bra, cupping them all in my hands. I didn't want Holly to know that me and her brother were... I dunno, sexually active until I told her. It would be a weird conversation, but way less weird than having her walk into Jackson's room to see us in such a compromising position as we were in just moments ago.

“No, ew.” Ryder laughed. “Post-sex germs are gross.”

“You are such a girl.” I muttered, passing him in the doorway and hurrying down the hallway towards my room.

“You’re welcome!” He called after me just as I disappeared around the corner and into my own room where I practically tore off Jackson’s warm long-sleeved shirt for one of my own overly sized t-shirts and then threw myself back into bed, still exhausted from the events of last night. Being secretive sure was a lot of work.

“Libby! Libby! Libby Cross!” A voice was piercing through my sleepy morning grogginess as I was woken up once again from my slumber.

“Hmm…” I mumbled tiredly, forcing myself to miraculously sit up in my bed to see Holly shaking me once again.

“We’re having a movie night.” Holly told me. “Are you feeling any better?”

I nodded and I wanted to tell her so much about the date and how perfect it was, but I couldn’t do that yet, so I didn’t tell her anything. “Yeah, I’m fine now.”

“Good, so a movie night tonight, yes?”

I shrugged. “Sure. Why am I being woken up?”

“Oh, because I needed to ask you if you know who you’re walking with in the wedding.” She told me.

“No, I assumed that Andy would tell me though, why?”

“Well, you’re walking with Jackson.” She informed me.

“I thought Jackson was the best man.” I protested.

“No, Ryder is.” She informed me.

“Oh, right.” I sighed, hating the irony that was at play here. Of course I had to walk down the aisle of my best friend’s wedding with my kind-of-secret boyfriend. That won’t be weird at all.

“Okay, well I’ll see you tonight, it’s going to be the whole house- it was going to be just us two, but everyone is being stupid, so it’s everyone, so we’ll have it in the living room. It’ll take forever for everyone to agree on a movie, though. But tomorrow, I swear, we’ll do something just us two.”