ELEVEN; LOST BOY

GOAL: 10 COMMENTS

(E) ELEVEN; LOST BOY (S2E11)

_____

Estella pretended that having her brother locked with some bitch in an unescapable cave didn't bother her. In reality it did, but she pushed that away as she made her way to Elena's house. According to Elena's witch friend (Estella hadn't cared to remember her name) the doppelgänger didn't pass the "test" she set up for her (whatever the hell that meant) and now Elena was under house arrest. This was a good thing—that way Estella didn't have to see the stupid doe eyes of Elena Gilbert when she went to the Grill.

But she was still forced to come to her house, which didn't make much sense to her. But Damon mentioned it to Estella and now she was forced to do something.

Once the suburban house came into view, Estella was tempted to whoosh her way back to Italy. Estella did not like Elena—even if the brown eyed and brown haired girl pestered to be Estella's friend (which was odd because the last person who was Estella's friend ended up nearly killing her). Maybe it was because Estella was a Salvatore, or maybe because she knew how to track down Klaus that Elena wanted to be in Estella's very small inner circle—Estella didn't quite know. All Estella knew was that Elena was the exact opposite of her, but opposites do attract in the most desperate of times.

Sighing, Estella stepped through Elena's doorway. She heard Elena's whines and complains, causing Estella to roll her green eyes. Elena's head snapped up when she heard the door close and a flicker of relief was seen in Elena's eyes.

"Estella, you have to get me out of here," Elena said in a hushed voice as she stood up and walked towards Estella.

Estella raised an eyebrow, "Just because I'm 100 years old doesn't mean I can break a spell crafted by a Bennett witch."

"There has to be someway."

"Yeah. That's waiting for the spell to be over after sundown. Problem solved."

The door slammed shut, signaling Damon had arrived, and Estella smirked at Elena. Elena sighed and sat back down on the couch, looking at the eldest Salvatore.

"You should really lock your door," Damon mentioned as he walked into the living room. Elena only glared at him. "Aw, come on pouty. At least give me two points for ingenuity."

"Do you think this is funny?" Elena asked him with an irritated tone.

"Yes, Elena. I find hilarity in the lengths that I have to go to repeatedly save your life," Damon replied sarcastically.

"What did Stefan say about this?" Elena questioned.

"He had a good laugh," Damon replied. Estella rolled her eyes at the lie—Stefan never laughed.

"And what did he say about Elijah still being alive?" Elena asked, knowing well that Damon hadn't told his brother.

"Yeah, that." Damon sighed as he sat down next to Elena. "I didn't tell him."

"Why not?"

"Well, A: he can't do anything about it, and B—" Damon struggled for a second reason before saying, "what I just said."

Estella sighed, fed up with the bickering. "Can I leave?"

Damon didn't respond to his sister's question as he asked, "Where's Bonnie?"

"I thought she was meeting you," Jeremy responded, walking into the living room. Estella had only recently met up and only bothered to remember his name because Damon always talked about him.

"No, she's on moonstone duty and I'm on..." Damon motioned to the girl sitting next to him, "Elena patrol."

"And who's on Tyler Lockwood and the full moon?" Jeremy asked.

Estella squeezed her eyes shut in annoyance. Why was she even here? "That blond vampire asked me if she could handle it and I said why not? I figured if she screwed up, he'd bite her and I'll be rid of two of my problems," Estella remarked, her eyes still screwed shut.

Elena shifted backwards to look at Estella and asked the blonde, "Hold on a second, tonight's the full moon?"

Estella opened her eyes and looked at the doppelgänger with a heated look, "Yes, but you're too absorbed with your suicidal tendencies to notice."

Damon's phone began to rang and as Estella was talking, he answered with a "what."

Estella's eyes followed Damon as she listened into the conversation.

"Sheriff Forbes has officially declared Mason Lockwood a missing person," Estella couldn't recognize the man Damon was talking with but nonetheless still listened.

"What? Why?" Damon's voice asked, his voice holding surprise.

"Some girl from Florida showed up on the Lockwoods' doorstep looking for Mason," The voice responded. Clearly, whoever this "Mason" was had been a problem before.

"What girl?"

"I don't know, but she's sure got everyone in a tizzy." Estella scrunched up her nose at the word "tizzy."

"That's not good. Where are you?" Damon asked his "friend."

"I'm at the grill," responded the man.

"I'm on my way." With that, Damon hung up the phone and walked back into the living room.

"Who's Mason?" Estella asked, her curiosity taking over.

"Change of plans, you babysit," Damon said, pointing at his sister. He purposely ignored his sister, knowing it would only annoy her further. Estella face turned from boredom to incredulous.

"What! No, I'm not a babysitter. How is this fair?"

"Deal with it, baby sis. I'm older."

Estella scoffed and threw a pillow in her brother's direction. She would've hit him if Damon hadn't decided to leave right there and then, with no explanation of who Mason was and why he was important.

So, Estella turned to the Gilbert siblings and asked, "Somebody needs to tell me who the hell Mason is."

_____

look at me i updated wow this is truly a miracle.

-holly