Entry 7 - A Date With the Devil

Hello everyone.

Nope. No witty intro, no advice, nothing.

I'm lacking in creativity at the moment because my life feels like a bad episode of the Twilight Zone.

I walked home yesterday. Alone.

It was tragic. If I'd known Andrew would be ditching me for the blonde bimbo, I would've called my driver, or a limo, or something. We had an unspoken arrangement. Instead, I walked home like the total loner I'd labeled him as before.

So now, since my fairy godmother has seemingly made it her goal to turn my life as upside down as possible, I decided I would make her job a bit easier today.

I checked my new ruby red nail polish as I dialed the number, when something in the corner of my eye caught my attention.

Andrew was carrying Hayden's books and they were walking together, laughing.

Hayden smiled. "Ugh, I can't wait. I've missed your dad's spaghetti."

My jaw clenched and I turned around. Once, maybe I could see someone making that mistake, but twice? No. He did not leave me twice for some random Blondie. And he was taking her home?

The phone picked. "Hello?" A gruff, slightly annoyed voice asked.

"Chase, hey." Thank God.

"Claire?" The voice became slightly more interested.

I smirked. "The one and only. Listen, about what you asked me earlier, I've reconsidered."

There was a long pause. "About tonight?"

"Mhmm, keep up." I smiled. "You've got one day if you still want a chance at winning me over. You can pick me up tonight at seven. The clock is ticking."

"I'll be there at eight." I heard the grin in his voice before he hung up.

I was smiling at my phone when the car I called for came. I tried to grab the door before the chauffeur got out and opened it for me.

Someone's hand covered mine, but it wasn't the driver's. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

I huffed, annoyed. "Get a ride home? Yes, I do."

Tiffany didn't budge. "I'm serious. Are you sure you want to agree to go out with Chase?"

"It's already been done. Now if you'll excuse me." I stepped through her and slammed the door shut. The driver got a nod from me before I shut the cover.

Tiffany materialized next to me. "You're only going out with him because you're upset with Andrew."

I sighed at the fact that she could appear anytime she wanted. "Maybe I'm actually interested in him. Remember? He's hot."

Tiffany snorted. "Great thing to base a relationship off of."

I was getting annoyed. "Weren't you all pro-Chase a while ago? Knight to D-7 and all of that?"

"Yes, but that was before I did my homework. I wanted you to be in a relationship, period, like any reasonable..." She trailed off.

I raised my eyebrow.

"Fairy Godmother. Like any reasonable fairy godmother."