Chapter 14

The lion was sitting in front of me and watching me. The barrier around us was weakening while I was barely breathing. The first time I evoked Amy, I only cried and passed out. Now I'm gonna do the same and hope for the best.

"Eve!" Was the last thing I heard.

* * *

My head was pounding and my body felt hot. I was sweating like a pig and gripping the sheets uncontrollably. I felt someone's hand on my forehead and the heat slowly faded.

"Mistress. Are you fine?" Amy asked.

I opened my eyes and saw a blurry figure before me.

"Amy? Where am I?" I looked around.

I was situated on a fourposter bed in the middle of a dark crimson red room. The sheets were velvet red, while the bed was black wood. The windows were covered by black silky blind folds. The huge doors were dark black and there was a sofa, with a chaise and arm chair around a fire place that was lit. Plus there was a big wooden bookshelf full of beautiful looking books. Amy was quietly sitting beside the bed, while there was a black haired man with red eyes sitting next to him.

"This is Felix's room. He will return shortly after he is finished with his work." Amy said.

I looked at the man and blushed when he smiled.

"Do you remember who I am?" He asked me.

"Marbas, right?"

"That is correct. It is quite the pleasure to meet you Solomon's child." He kindly caressed my cheek.

"Same here." I smiled back at him.

The door then opened and in walked Felix with his mother. The minute I saw him I scrambled out of bed and ran into his arms. He had a bruised lip and a cut on his forehead.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled into his chest.

"Apology accepted, now then..." He said and looked right into my eyes. "Mind explaining what is going on?"

"I will tell you everything, but please... Don't rush me..."

Alicia walked into the room with the rest of the coven behind them. I gulped and looked at Felix.

"Let's talk in the family room." He said and I nodded.

Amy and Marbas stood up, following us. As we took our seats I found myself facing only Cassandra this time. Felix was sitting next to me, holding my right hand, while Marbas sat on my left and Amy stood behind me leaning on the back of the sofa.

Cassandra nodded a small smile on her face. She was reassuring me. That made me feel a bit at ease.

"It all happened when I was 14. One day my father decided it'd be nice to take us out for dinner so we went to some fancy restaurant. I wasn't actually the perfect daughter but still I was loved by my mother and siblings at least." I started and noted Serena's arrival. "You see my father hated my guts for some reason and liked to take his frustrations out on me. Since I was seven, he would beat me senseless and I had over ten trips to the ER for the past year. That day was the worst day ever."

Amy placed his hands on my shoulders and I nodded.

"He decided to introduce us to his little whore Kenzie. That night my mother cried herself to sleep, while the twins joined a gang... I was the only stupid one in the family to venture towards the docks of our town and 'clear my head'."

"Clear your head?" Alicia asked.

"Commit suicide." I answered dead serious. "It wouldn't be my first time, but it sure was the last. As I dove into the water a boy came to save me... He pulled me out and even helped me get dry. He was Lucious... The silver blue eyed man you met today."

Felix clenched my hand.

"Lucious proposed this idea to join a group where people like me, people with problems are welcome... Little did I know it would be a sect..." I sighed. "For months I was Lucious' precious little wife, as they liked to call me, and my father continued his abuse. It lead to a point were I decided that on the next sacrifice, that was held every month, I would be next."

There was a deadly silence in the room. Cassandra was breathing heavily and I was literally dead.

"Everything was ready for my departure and so was I. The minute I laid down on the altar, my mother broke into the room... She offered herself in my stead and it was accepted. I cried and begged her to leave, but no. She was offered for a sacrifice and Lucious told me I could live by his side as his wife or leave as a lowly human sacrifice."

My eyes were probably hollow now.

"Guess I choose to join my mother but failed. For some reason my pain and sorrow evoked Amy, who killed off every single person in that room... That's when I found out I was something more... That's when I found out I was Solomon's blood descendant."

"Blood descendant?" Serena was quite interested.

"I have the power to evoke all 72 demons from Solomon's book."

* * *

Somehow I managed to sneak back home and into my room with both Amy and Marbas. Owen was the first to figure out I was even home and when he stumbled upon another man sitting on my bed, he was mortified. I explained everything to him and the part about the mark on my eye. His little panic attack only caused Kenzie to enter my room and get to know my new friend.

"Honey boo!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

Dad rushed in and the sight of another male in my room infuriated him. He balled his fist and pulled it back probably ready to hit me. I never flinched, blinked or moved when his hand almost came into contact with my face.

Too bad Marbas caught his fist and broke it.

"You may be our mistress' father, but I will not allow you to hurt her any further than this."

Dad only became even more enraged. If he could he'd throw me outside, but seeing as this was our grandparents home he had no rule. He backed up and left with Kenzie.

"Thanks Marbas." Was all I said, before turning back to my blank canvas.

It was blank just as my soul was.