19. Rightfully his!!

"Sanjay you have told them the time correct right?" Mom asked for the hundredth time. We were now at our family temple, where Shivji lives. I was nervous like anything but kept quiet, while my mom here was making a fuss.

"Meera, I called them a few minutes ago. Ram was supposed to pick them up and come here but he got stuck at the office, but they are almost here, just a few more minutes." Hearing his name bolted me up. I can't even start to explain how much I have missed him .

Yes, we have just met 5 days ago, but the attraction we felt, the heat that existed whenever he was around me, wasn't something that could be ignored. It was so strong, so intense.

I've never felt anything like this before. And he was making my insides burn, his name was making my insides burn.

"Oh, I hope they will be here soon. I can't wait to find their future. Sanjay can you call them again?" Mom asked, yeah I know, n+1th time.

"Oh My God, mom, chill, okay? Calm down. You are making Dee nervous here. They will come, there's is still more time for 3' o clock. Its only 2:55 now. Give them five more minutes."
Rithu said at last, frustrated by her nervousness.

Yeah it was only a 5 more minute wait, but I was afraid if I could wait that long, I was thaat impatient.

Soon we saw a Pajero around the corner, the same pajero which had its number texted to my papa's phone and my heart leapt in joy. After dropping uncle and aunt, the SUV took a curve to the parking lot.

"Ji, I hope we are not late. Cherry was caught up with some work and the traffic was also horrible. We are sorry to keep you waiting" Aunty said after greeting the four of us. I went forward and touched her legs along with uncles and Rithu mimicked me.

"Arey, nahi Karthika Ji. You are right on time, and don't worry you didn't make us wait too long." Mom smiled, and Rithu rolled her eyes at me, making me smile.

"Ab chalien, let's do this before the good time ends." Uncle ushured us inside, but I was reluctant to go, I had to see him first. I slightly nudged Rithu who raised her eyebrows at. I motioned the parking lot with my eyes and she gave a meaningful laugh.

"Hmm yes Amma, you people get inside, we will come along with Jeeju." She said, emphasising the 'we' making clear the reason. I stamped her foot with mine, and all laughed, making me blush again.

Soon they were inside and I looked around the corner for him. Suddenly he turned the curve, in his office uniform, stunning me. He looked so impressive in it, no uniform cap. So appealing and instantly my inside began to burn. All he said, all he did, came to my memory. As soon as he saw me, he locked locked his eyes with mine and smirked when he realized me checking on him.

"Ahem.... " Coughed Rithu, and I knew it was my signal to stop staring at him. I quickly averted my eyes from him, focusing on my feet. Soon I felt his presence near me, but I was suddenly afraid to look at him, shy maybe.

"Hello Jeeju.. Dekho how long you are letting my Dee wait." Rithu complained in her playful tone, nudging me, and I glared at her.

"Oh... I'm sorry my dear saali, just got into some urgent work, and don't worry I'll ease your sisters tension now." He said and I felt his hand snake around my shoulders, not resting it there, but just held me. I suddenly jumped at his touch, but he held me there.

"Achchaa... Okay fine, I guess mom would be looking for me now, see you soon jeeju." She said running away from us, giggling. This girl, she's gonna let everyone know that w..."Haa" suddenly I gasped.

Not because I feared Papa Amma would know, but because once again I felt his cold wet lips on my cheek, closer to my mouth.

My heart skipped a beat, and his breath tickled my ears. I slowly closed my mouth and bit my stuttering lips. I slowly looked up to see his eyes piercing my soul. I could do nothing but stay fixed on his eyes.

He slowly slid his hands down my shoulder, onto my hand, trailing hus fingers along my skin, giving me goosebumbs and my eyes stuttered close. I closed them tightly, remembering how to breath. Even with my eyes closed, I could imagine him. His eyes too intent, his lips forming a smirk.

"I told you I would get my kisses myself." He said in a husky voice and I felt goosebumps all over my body.

"You are biting your lips." He said, and I felt his sound closer to my ears, and I shivered at our closeness.

"Aur biwiji, how was your two days without seeing me?" He asked, all seriousness gone, and turning playful, just like when he texted yesterday.

I slowly opened my eyes to match myself with his mood, but still not getting it. "It was fine."

"What about you?" I asked and he raised one of his eyebrow. I made my question clear.

"Uhmm.. I mean.. How was you.. Your day without..." I couldn't complete it as I instantly realised how stupid I sounded.

I knew that by now I would be similar to a beetroot. I wished I could control myself, from showing him how much of an effect he had on me.

"Without you?" He completed the sentence for me,again his voice husky, and I slightly nodded my head. I looked up to meet his eyes, and I saw humour in it. His moods changed easily.

"But who said two?" He said playfully and pulled me inside by my hand. As I soon as I saw our parents shade, I suddenly yanked my hand back, shaking my head.

He look back and mouthed 'what?'. I again shook my head, to which he laughed. 'Come on', he mouthed again. 'Noo, I'll come behind you.' I mouthed back. 'What?' He mouthed again.

I palmed my forehead and shushed him forward with it. 'Okay' he mouthed back, surrendering his hands up in the air.

Soon we were inside and he took blessings from papa and amma. After that we both touched Shivji's feet together. Pretty soon, the ceremony started and Shivji began to look for our match. I closed my eyes and prayed in the inside.

"Devimaiyya, I've never wanted something this much in my life. Please let our matches work good. Please, I don't know when, but I'm afraid I've fallen for this mood shifting officer who kissed me a few minutes back. Oh God, please let us be together. I've never prayed to you about any guy before, this is the first, please join us together.'

I opened my eyes to see him, his eyes closed, looking peaceful in his uniform. How ironic! 'Devimaiyya' I breathed and shifted my gaze to Shivji.

Soon his job was over and he looked at us. I searched his face for any emotions, my fingers crossed. Soon I found out what was in his face, relief. Suddenly a hand clutched on mine and I looked to my side to see my baby sister.

She squeezed my hand, closing her eyes, and began drawing circles on the back of my hand. Suddenly Shivji cleared his throat and the room went silent.

"I have checked their horoscope." He said slowly, as if counting each words he spoke. I slowly shifted my eyes to him, and saw him frustrated and I smiled to myself. "Her shanidosh is cancelled out by his, and that is a good news. Their horoscope shows 9 out of 10 match, which can be considered very appreciable. I think we can go on with this wedding. We have time till two months."

He mused slowly and as soon as I heard those words, my inside cried out in joy, my face bearing a big smile. Suddenly, Rithu hugged me and I hugged her back.

Slowly I shifted my eyes towards his, and the smile instantly disappeared, replaced by some new feeling I never knew existed in me.

His eyes, those dark brown eyes, too intense on me. He was looking at me, my face, my body... Me!. Oh God...My breath got stuck in my throat, lips stuttered, and I felt like covering my body with my hands, though I was covered in clothes, few feet away from him.

That was the intensity of his gaze. The same feeling I had when he kissed, when he came close, came to me, the same knots on the pit of my gut, with just a look.

That was when I realized at what he was looking at... He was looking at what was now rightfully his own. Yes, only his. My insides burned in me. With just one look.

***************************************

Hey, so they are to be married in two months... How do you feel about that.. Please let me know, I'm dying for your comments..

Love...
@maira... :* :*