Chapter 15

"Potter, Weasley, Castillo! Will you pay attention?" Professor McGonagall voice cracked like a whip through the Transfiguration class on Thursday. Harry, Ron and I jumped and looked up. It was the end of the lesson; we had finished out work. The owl we turned to guinea pigs are locked in the cage (Neville's still has features on). We had copied down our homework; the bell should ring at any moment. We were having a sword fight using the fake wand from Fred and George to kill some boredom.

"Now that Potter, Weasley and Castillo have decided to act their age." Said Professor McGonagall angrily, "I have something to say to you all. The Yule Ball is approaching - a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign guests. Now, the ball will be open only to fourth years and above - although you may invite a younger student if you wish -" The boys groaned and the girls squealed. "Dress robes will be worn," Oh! I almost forget about the dress Severus got me. Professor McGonagall continued, "and the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas Day, finishing at midnight in the Great Hall. Now then -" Professor McGonagall stared deliberately around the class. "The Yule Ball is of course a chance for us all to - er - dance," she said, in a disapproving voice. I am currently having a hard time to keep a straight face. "The champions will start, followed by staff-"This is when Ron and I lose it; we laughed but tried to stop it at the same time, resulting us choking on our saliva. Images of Harry dancing just cracks me up, Ron seems to be thinking about the same thing, we exchanged glances and laughed again. Professor McGonagall rolled her eyes, "Since Mr. Weasley is so delightedly excited about the dance. Please come up." Ron's face heated as I nudged him towards McGonagall. "That's not fair, you laughed as well." He muttered. "Now, Mr. Weasley. Put your hand on my waist, please." McGonagall said. If this isn't entertaining, I don't know what is. Ron is having a hard time dancing with professor; in fact, he kept tripping and stepping on her. Harry and I mocked them, causing Ron to glared at our directions several times. The bell rang, we packed our bags and swung it on our shoulder. "So, who are you going to ask?" asked Ron, trying to change the subject of him dancing with Professor McGonagall. Harry shrugged, though I know all too well who he wants to ask. Cho Chang. I'm not going to lie, She's pretty, and a great Quidditch player, and very popular. "Listen, you just beaten a dragon, girls will be lining up for you!" I encouraged Harry. Ron nodded in agreement.

Rumors about the Yule Ball had been flying around. So far, no one has asked me to the ball yet; which I'm not surprised. Unlike Ron and Harry; I don't mind going alone, because that means I can sit by myself and enjoy all the appetizing food, while the couples eat each other's faces off. However, I'm still secretly hoping Cedric will ask me out...I would love to eat with him. We've been hanging out a lot lately; it's usually late night walk that leads to...um...snogging. Hermione is the only one that knows about this; because surely Ron will certainly not be happy if he knows. As for Fred, I hate to admit it, I still get the tingling feeling whenever he's around. "It'll go away. You'll get over him." That's what Hermione said. I sincerely hope she's right. One night, I was sitting with Fred and George, working on their joke shop product. "So, has anyone asked you out to the dance yet?" asked George, slightly glancing up the tensed up Fred. "Nope..." I replied. George grinned. Ok. I don't like where this is going. "How about you, Freddie? Any dates?" he turned to Fred. He shook his head, pretending to be interested in his every flavored bean. "Well, why don't you go with Alvina?" he said, half joking, half serious. "Nah...She's like a sister, that's just weird." Fred said. Ouch, that hurts. George looked a bit taken back, "Who are you going to ask then?" he said angrily. "Glad you asked," said Fred smugly, "Oi! Angelina!" he yelled across the common room. Angelina stopped chatting with her friends, "What?" She called back. "Want to go to the ball with me?" he asked, no trace of embarrassment on his face. Angelina's friends let out a high pitched squeal. "Sure." Angelina smiled sheepishly. Her friends let out an even higher pitched squeal. How's that even possible. "See, piece of cake." Said Fred, "I'm going to deliver this letter." He excused himself. "Dick move." George mumbled. He turned to me, "I'm sorry, Alvina. I didn't he would be such an asshole." He said apologetically. I forced a smile, Fred's word is like a stab to my heart, and it really stings. "It's fine." I choked out the words. George frowned, "He just won't admit he likes you, ya know?" he continued, "He's quite stubborn sometimes." "Hm..." I hummed, not wanting to say a word.

"Stop." I giggled as Cedric tickled me. "You seem to be enjoying it." He teased. "I hate you." I said, trying to catch my breath. "No, you don't!" he gasped, pretending to be hurt by placing his hand over his chest. "You love me!" he exclaimed. "Dream on." I smirked. "Looks like someone needs to be tickle." He scooted closer. "Don't do it." I warned. We lay down, ready to witness the sunset. The sun had completed its tour for the day, and had now been replaced by the myriad stars, which dotted the inky canopy. A low, waning gibbous moon hovered tenuously in the twilight firmament, bestowing a very dim light upon the land. It was a windy night; the swaying of trees and rustling of leaves could be heard but not seen, as the encompassing darkness had blotted out all but the faintest light. Briefly, a dark, wispy could eclipsed the crescent moon. For a few shadowy moment, it looked like there was a halo around the cloud, a dull aura of lunar luminescence. The night sky is exciting to explore, from the captivating shooting stars to the tranquil constellation is truly fairylike. The sky looks like it's covered in a dome and the stars appears closer; like I can grasp it easily with my fingertips. "Wow...it's beautiful..." I looked at the nature's art work in awe. "Not as beautiful as you." Cedric said seriously. I laughed and punched him playfully, "Nice try." He sat up, "I meant every word I said. Alvina." I was thrilled by his words. He continued, "Look, Alvina, I really really like you. Even though we've only know each other for a few months; I feel like I've known you for a lifetime. You're smart, gorgeous, unique, and witty. Will you make me the luckiest guy in the world by going to the Yule Ball with me?" His words fell out his mouth smoothly; it's sincere and touching. I blinked back my tears; which is on the verge of my swollen eyes. I closed up the space between us and kiss him with such passion until we were both out of breath. He smiled in the kiss, "I'll take that as a yes." I chuckled, "Nah..." but he knows I'm joking. "God, I was so nervous. I didn't even use those cheesy lines my friends suggested me to use!" I beamed at him, my heart is now warm and cozy despite the chilly weather. It's weird how a person can fall for one so quickly. I'm always in a heavenly state of mind in his presence. Cedric is my safe heaven, joy and...first love.