Not now

All characters belong to Jeff Davis and the Teen Wolf producers

Staring bleakly at the wall, Stiles sat at his father's bedside. His skin was paler than usual; Dark circles rimmed his heavy eyes. Stiles' thoughts were a blur: Lydia, Theo, his Dad, Scott. He had no idea if Scott was ever going to forgive him. He had no idea if Lydia was going to be ok, after Theo forcefully entered her mind. He had no idea if Theo was still out there. He had no idea if Liam was ok. He had no idea if Malia was ok. No one returned his calls but he wasn't going to leave his father's side.

Stiles' only link to the pack was Melissa. She came everyday. Stiles thinks she's the only reason he's still sane. She's the only person he'd fully explained himself to. About Donovan. She understood, and thought Scott would as well, if he'd only give Stiles a chance to explain the situation.

Melissa had tried to get Scott to visit the Sheriff. He'd ask about him everyday, but refused to go. Melissa knew that this was his way of asking how Stiles was, and she'd told him repeatedly, he's not ok. He needed his best friend.

It had been a week since Scott's 'death'. Lydia was in a sort of coma, her mind functioning but her body fine. Parish hadn't left her side. After Hayden's death, Liam was in pieces. He only spoke to Mason, who had said that he couldn't forgive himself for what he'd done to Scott. Nobody had seen Malia since that day. She'd text Lydia, saying that she wasn't going to be back for a while. Kira was still gone, and Scott wasn't the only one that noticed her absence. Everyone knew Scott was hurting, but he wouldn't go and see Stiles to make it better.

Stiles had hoped some of his friends would come and see him. Maybe Parish. He didn't expect to be alone with his dying- no. Injured- father, for a whole week. He needed them. But they didn't show.

1 week and 3 days after that day, the door swung open and a pair of feet that weren't Melissa's came through the door. Stiles' head perked up, hoping to see Scott. He got Malia.

"Stiles." She said uneasily, worry flashed in her eyes briefly at the sight of him, pale and exhausted.

"Malia." He breathed in relief, nearly falling into her arms. Malia held him close, smelling the fear and sadness that rolled off him in waves. She discretely held onto his arm, taking away what pain she could. Even the smallest bit made her want to curl into his arms and cry. To hold him close and never let go.

"Stiles I'm so sorry." His response was inaudible, muffled against her shoulder, that was now slightly wet with tears. "I'm leaving."

"What?" He pushed her away so fast she nearly tripped. Her heart wrenched when his bloodshot eyes stared at her in fear.

"I have to leave Stiles. I'm breaking up with you."

"What?" His word was barely a whisper. He stared at the ground in disbelief, unable to comprehend what was happening.

"I understand that this probably isn't the best time-"

"You think?" He glared at her through the tears. He felt like his already collapsing world had just buried him alive.

Malia shook her head, tears brimming in her eyes. "I had to, I had to to keep you safe, Stiles. I have no other choice. I don't-"

"You could choose not to leave me." Stiles' voice broke. Tears slipped silently down his ghostly cheeks. "Not now."

"I'm sorry."

"You said you'd never leave me."

Stiles didn't see her leave. He slipped down the wall and rested his head against his knees. Running his hands through his hair he tried to breathe normally. Malia left him. At a time when he really needed her most. A scream erupted from his chapped lips and he got up and flung his fist into the wall in frustration, tears streaming down his face like a waterfall.

"Stiles stop."

A whisper in the back of his mind told him to stop. You're not real.

"Stiles I swear I'm real."

No, no you're not. I'm not falling for that again.

"Stiles what the hell are you talking about? Oh shit are you... are you having a panic attack?"

Not real. You're not real.

"Stiles, it's me, I'm real, just listen please? Oh shit... Breathe Stiles."

His heart rate fell, and his breathing steadied. He opened his eyes in confusion, trying to see through the tears.

"Derek?"