Chapter 6

"That was awesome!" I jump out of the car shaking from the excitement of driving my dream car.

We had taken the R8 to an abandoned road where he let me speed down the road as fast as I dared. It was the highlight of my entire week. After letting me drive for a little while Noah had told me how to get to this small cafe.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. I feel like I'm going to be sick. You're an amazing driver... but did you have to go so fast?" He asks

Walking inside Noah let out a huge sigh of content making me look over at him. It's the first time I notice his face is a little pale and his eyes wide, looking haunted.

"Did I scare you?" I tease sticking my bottom lip out in a pout.

Giving me a playful shove to the shoulder he asks,

"Okay what do you want Daredevil?"

"Ha. Ha. Don't call me that. And I can order on my own, thank you." I sniff

"Tell me what you want and then go get us a table." He pushes

Seeing the serious look on his face I huff and walk away toward the tables. I'm not two steps into my stride before I realise I didn't tell him what. Awkwardly I turn around to find him standing there with a smug look on his face.

"Shut up." I narrow my eyes and he raises his hand in the air surrendering. "The Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino." I state then walk away.

His laugh follows me and I don't fight the smile that tugs at my lips. I grab straws and napkins and then go to the table in the secluded corner. I begin tearing apart one of the napkins out of boredom. The chair in front of me scrapes back so I look up and smile expecting Noah. My smile drops immediately when I'm met with Riley's cold black eyes.

"So you won't give me the time of day but you'll go out with lover boy?" He sits and jerks his thumb in Noah direction.

I decide to ignore him. Plan C? I think...

I stare right past him at the window, my face a look of boredom. I have to fight to keep my eyes on the window when in my peripheral vision, I see him nibble on his lip ring. Oh god, please give me strength.

"So what... you're giving me the silent treatment?" he scoffs.

Right when I'm about to give up and look at his lips the chair next to him slides back. I snap my eyes over to the left with a smile, which again drops when I see Sam. Can I not have one day? One god damn day.

"Why are we sitting here?" She whines.

"Yeah, why are you sitting here?" Noah's hard voice cuts in as he takes the seat beside me.

I look at Riley for a second to see him scowling at Noah. Noah's face is hard as he looks at Riley and I'm confused. Are they not friends?

"Well Noah, Emily here pretty much begged me to sit down on your little da..." Riley begins

I cut him off waving my hands in front of his face.

"That's a lie!" I cry "I can't stand you! Leave us alone!"

"Noah...Sam... Leave us." He pretty much barks the order.

Who the hell does he think he is? You can't just boss people around. It's not like they will even listen. Looking at Noah I see his face twist into anger as he pushes his chair back and stocks out of the store.

"Babe!" Sam whines again.

Riley fixes her with a hard glare making her whimper and scurry off. What the fuck just happened? Why did Noah listen to him? He abandoned me!