My Life, My Secrets, My Story Part 68

Thanks guys for the comments and votes!!! Here's your reward: 

Part 68

Alec’s POV

What?! Alex’s parents were behind all of this?! Are you freaking kidding me?! I thought they were misunderstood, loving parents, turns out I was wrong.

My hands instantly started to flame up even more. I was so pissed off at this news. I had tried to get Alex closer to her parents when her parents had already taken a side against her?!?! I felt sick now to even have thought of thinking that.

“Alec, please calm down!” Marie yelled, entering.

“Were you in on this too?!” I yelled.

“In on what?! Alec, get rid of that flame first and then we’ll talk.” Maria said.

No one could calm me down other than Alex. I was a raging lunatic without her. There wasn’t much anyone could do to stop me now. Jack did an incantation to stop the fire temporarily.

“Chill, Alec. You can’t just assume everything. Though I’m surprised that you’ve gotten this far.” Jack said, calmly.

“So you were in on this?!” I asked.

“We’re not a part of their group. We’re on your side, if that’s what you’re asking. We did know about all this though.” Jack explained.

“Who else is on my side?” I asked.

“Depends on what your side is. You’re going to fight against her if she turns evil, but to make her good, not to kill her. There really aren’t a lot of people on that side.” John said.

“We know your pack is in agreement with you though.” Jacob said, cheerfully.

“I don’t care if I have to fight all of you off.  I don’t care who you are to me, if you lay a hand on Alex intending to kill her, you will die.” I told everyone in this room, daring them to challenge me.

“Alec, we have to.” Bells said, desperately.

“It’s not like they’re holding something dear to you hostage! You do have a choice!! You just don’t want to!” I accused.

This time the room stayed quiet. They knew I was right, because there really was no reason why they couldn’t be on my side. They just chose to stay on that side, for whatever reason, I didn’t really care.

“We’re afraid that they might do something if we chose to go with you instead of them.” Josh whispered.

“What can they possibly use against you? Your friends? That’s Alex. Your family? They already know of the situation and would definitely be ok if you changed sides. There’s nothing that’s holding you back from doing what you want, but you.” I told them.

No one said anything. I was fine with that. I don’t care if they chose my side or their own. If they touch Alex with the intent to harm, they won’t live to see the next second.

“Alec, get some rest. Alex is fine. You need your sleep.” Marie said, kindly.

“I’ll sleep here if you don’t mind.” I told her, going back to sit next to Alex.

I laid my head on the side of her bed, careful not to disturb her. I would make sure no one could come near her. Marie, Maria, Mary, Jack, John, and Jacob all sighed at my persistent, stubbornness. They knew I loved her though, and they knew I would do anything for her. It was as simple as that. That’s why they all left to do their own thing.