Aubree

**********

"Wow. You really fuckin with that nigga like that tho?" Chad asks me.

"Huh?" I ask confused on what he meant.

"I thought that nigga was just a phase or some shit, but you out here giving up ya virginity and shit."

I didn't say anything. I knew it was no use lying to him. He's my best friend, I knew he'd see right through it.

"I love him." I whispered.

"I figured that." He said back. "So much, you don't got time for a best friend anymore."

"That's not true." I said.

"It's coo Bee, it's all coo."

I rolled my eyes, "You always say that before you start distancing yourself away from me."

"Nah, that's you. You the one that went, got a boyfriend, and continues to go m.i.a."

"I don't complain when you got plans with your hoes."

"Never once put them before you tho."

"He's not being put before you Chad, he'll never come before you, but he is my boyfriend."

"A'ight, I'ma hit you." He said unlocking his car doors, getting out to open my door for me, basically dismissing me.

"You're my best friend always. Even when we're not talking." I said looking up at him as I got out.

He just stared at me before kissing my cheek, shutting the door, and leaving.

"Yo lemme holla at you Bee." Chad said coming up to me as I sat on the front of Logan's car with him as he talked to his friend.

"You pregnant?" Chad asks once it was just us.

"What? No!" I exclaim.

"Don't fuckin lie to me Aubree, you never lied before don't start now."

"I'm not."

"You look pregnant Bee." He said pointing to my stomach.

"No I don't." I said looking down at my stomach then back at him.

He just shook his head.

"Chad, I'm seventeen still in high school. I'm not pregnant."

"Keep telling ya self that." He said before walking off.

I rubbed my hand over my stomach as I stood looking in my bathroom mirror.

Chad got me thinking about when's the last time I got my period and if I was really pregnant. So I bought a test.

I can't be pregnant. I'm only seventeen. In high school.

I sighed finally building up the strength to look down at the test results.

"What you doing?" My mom asks walking into my room coming towards the bathroom.

I hurried and throw the test away. "Nothing."

"Did you tell your dad about Logan yet?"

"No."

"Aubree." She said giving me a look. "I told you I'm fine with you having a little friend as long as you tell your dad and that was months ago."

"I'ma tell him."

She sighed,"Okay Aubree. Where Chad been? Y'all not talking again?"

"That's him."