Good Morning? No Such Thing.

I sat in silence for a moment before small whimpers and sobs escaped me. The tears that were building up wouldn't stop coming out and I found myself crying once again.

Crying is something that I had been doing a lot lately and I hated it. I hated that all I could do was cry and there was no way to stop it. Worst of all, I had no idea how to fix things. I could run to Royce and apologize, but it wasn't that simple. A quick apology wouldn't solve our problems. Life isn't a movie, things don't just suddenly work out.

Things were now out of hand and coming up with a solution would have to be a step by step process. I needed to make up with Royce, make him break up with Holly, stop Holly from black mailing Royce, find a way to cut ties with the government, find a way to fix whatever experimental mutation was happening in me, and do all this without being captured, tested on, or even killed. I had to be careful, extra careful, one wrong move and everything could tumble downhill. Right now, the situation is delicate, if I were to poke the wrong subject at the wrong time, I'd have to expect the worst.

I wiped my tears and lied down in bed. I waited for what felt like forever before being able to fall asleep once again. Though I had already slept the day away, being the lazy person that I am, I was able to sleep until the next morning arrived. My sleep felt short despite the many hours that passed by.

I awoke to a gentle knock on the door as a person walked in. It was Aron.

"Morning Ellzy" Aron said as he approached me.

I grunted and pulled the blanket over my head. "Why bother knocking if you're just gonna walk in anyway?"

He chuckled a bit and ignored my question that didn't really need an answer. My head throbbed a bit as a result of all the tears I had shed earlier.

"Ellzy? Is that a nickname?" I asked as I rolled over, pretending to go back to sleep.

"Well a matter of fact, it is!" Aron said while energetically plopping down on my bed.

I turned over to face him as he scooted closer to me.

"And how did you come up with that?" I asked while starting to wake up.

"I'm glad you asked." Aron said while smiling. I squinted at him in response knowing that I shouldn't have asked.

"I took your name and fused it with the word that best describes you." He said with a smirk.

"And what word did you use?" I asked reluctantly.

"Lazy." He replied.

I stared at him with an annoyed look as he laughed at me and then I shoved him off the bed.

"Wow! Ellzy actually moved!" He called out as he got up off the floor and sat back on the bed again.

"Oh hah hah, very funny." I said in a sarcastic tone.

"I'm glad you think so." He replied with a grin.

"What now?" I asked while sitting up.

"How about you get dressed and we head down stairs to get something to eat?" Aron suggested.

"Sure, sounds good." I replied.

"I'll wait outside your door then. Don't take too long or I'll think you need help dressing and I'll come in." He said with a smug look on his face as he wagged his eye brows up and down.