Chapter Seventeen

**A/N: It's a Super Blood Moon Tonight so enjoy it little wolves! Btw this celestial event happens once every eighteen years and it's the inspiration for this chapter!**

Lexi crossed her arms, her trees eyes scanning the whole crowd back and forth. "So tonight's a super lunar eclipse." She said, looking at both packs, Scott beside her mirroring her moves. "This means one thing."

Nathan voiced his opinion to us. "That my brother will massacre you all tonight?" He said.

"Wait, aren't we just going to hide?" Liam asked. He was sitting right next to me, his choice since he practically ran to be seated here.

"If only things were that easy." She said, running her long slender fingers through her hair. "As some of you know a lunar eclipse strips us of our wolf-hood, so to speak. Who knows what a super moon does?"

"Makes are wolves stronger, more violent." Scott said. He shook his head as he tried to figure out what that meant. "I don't get it, so are we turning or not?"

"Not at all. We're pretty much going to be in this mutated state. See the super moon comes first, which means are wolf will be in over drive, so during that time we strike back first." She said, looking at us all. "Then the lunar moon comes, which is when we, meaning us wolves, will be powerless. That's where you come in." She said looking at the four who were seated apart from everyone else.

Lydia scoffed. "Us?" She looked at the three boys she was surrounded by. "I'm a Banshee, I'm only good at predicting death."

"Doesn't mean a Banshee can't kill. Besides you've been getting fighting lessons from the Hell Hound." She said, nodding towards Parrish. "The Kitsune is at a good advantage and so is our hybrid."

"I'm sorry but Banshees aren't really fight material." Lydia said.

"Not unless that Banshee can utilize her screams. You're essentially versatile, a close and long ranged fighter, along with Nathan because of his tail. Kira and Jordan are both close ranged fighters."

"Yeah, except like her, I'm not sure how to use my powers." Deputy Parrish said. "And can you call me Parrish?"

"Yes I can, no I won't." She said, which seemed to annoy him some. In a fight that would've been a tough one. I'm sure Parrish had the upper hand in terms of raw power but Lexi had experience and tactical advantage, not to mention her blood thirst. "And aren't you dogs suppose to keep the balance of things in order? Nothing is more out of balance than these hybrids."

"For some odd reason I like you, even though you just insulted me." Nathan said.

"I like you too, which is why you're coming with me and Stiles."

Isaac stood up from his seat in our makeshift meeting area, otherwise known as Lydia's lake house. "He's staying with us!" Isaac said.

"Why should he?" I asked, "He's one of my closest friends and last time I checked you were all for killing him."

Nathan spoke up, walking over next to me. "Maybe I can do both. I mean go back and forth?"

I looked him into his blue eyes, which were pleading with me to agree to these terms. I looked towards Isaac then back at him and he nodded wildly. I grinned at my friend before looking at a hard faced Lexi.

"I think that's fair." I said. Isaac looked relieved at the fact that he'd still get to spend time with Nathan.

"Okay, so what do we do now?" Lydia asked.

"Easy, I attack you, with the intent to kill of course." Lexi said nonchalantly.

"You're going to do what?!" Deputy Parrish asked, jumping up from his seat.