The Boxer and I

"You do not understand how bloody worried we were when you left." Jake says, and I can tell by the way his eyes gloom that he is telling the truth.

"Good," I smirk back at him. "I knew you guys wouldn't be able to live without me." I finish with a cheeky smile.

He smiles back at me, knowing for sure that I am truly back.

- - - - - - - - 

After an incident two years ago that had emotionally and physically scarred Flo, she fled from her hometown to live with her father in Australia. However, she decides that it's time to come back home, because after all, she misses teasing her best friends; Ky, Jake, and River.

When she returns, she notices that Colston High has turned upside down. Georgia, her former best friend, has turned into an attention-seeking idiot; River is falling for a girl named Lea, whom she hardly knows, and Ky is still single.

But the thing that stands out the most to Flo is the transformation that has Jake has undertaken. He spends most of his hours in the gym, boxing, weightlifting, boxing, and doing more boxing. Instantly, Flo notices that he's become quieter, fiercer and strangely distant, but has no idea of what is going on in his head. 

After all, he's Jake. And no one knows a thing about Jake - except for the fact that he's gorgeous.

Follow Flo through a journey of discovering what the meaning of love is, what the definition of strength is, and how to deal with all the drama of life with one big, fat smile on your face.

- - - - - - - -

 Although this is a continuation of Mr. Popular and I, it is not essential that you read that book in order to understand this one. 'Mr. Popular and I' and 'The Boxer and I' are, in fact, completely separate story lines, but do involve the same characters. 

CONTACT:

Instagram: indie.wattpad

Email: indiewattpad