Chapter 11

I know Gale made a plan for the four of us so, I could talk to Jeremy in private so, I could confess my feelings but, this is not what I had in mind.

“We're going to go to Splashers on the weekend.”  Gale had announced to the four of us where Rain was sitting beside Jer and had her arms clasped around his.

I knew it. Even Gale inherited his Dad's genes. I shook my head, sighing in despair as I listened to his crappy plan.

“We're gonna do this tomorrow. 4 o'clock sharp in the morning. We wanna get early since it's the first day of our sembreak.” Gale winked, wiggling his eyebrows up and down at me.

Rolling my eyes, I flip my hair and covered my face with it. God, I'm so fricking embarrassed. Once Jeremy finds out about this being a plan, I swear--

“Hmm. Sounds good to me. I'll go.” Jeremy nodded while rubbing his chin. I turned sideways to see his expression. He seems chilled out and relaxed so, why the hell am I panicking?

"Ohh," Rain pouted, hanging on to Jeremy's arm. "Well, if honeyboo is coming, so am I!" She hugs and cuddles in his arm, making me clench my fists together under the table.

It's fine. Not like I'm not used to seeing a lut hogging over her boyfriend. But, this time, it's different--they're both my bestfriends. And Jer is just comforting Rain through this 'fake' relationship.

"You in, Nash?" Gale winked, with his arms supporting his neck in the air. I looked at Jer and saw him staring at me. So, I looked away with my eyes closed then answered, "S-Sure. I'm in..."

     Gale clapped his hands and smirked. "That's the spirit. We're gonna use my van so, no pressure." He continued saying whoopee like an idiot all around while I had my head bowed, deep into my arms.

"Gale, if you're gonna do your monkey dance in public, I'm disowning you from the group." I warned as I walked out from the table with my hip supporting my books by the side and on the other, my shoulder bag.

"Nash, wait-" Jer spoke, making me stop to my tracks and turn to look at him. He seemed flustered and confused.

I twirled locks of my hair to keep my nervousness from being shown. "What is it?" I asked in a simple tone, one he cannot identify its emotion.

He shook his head then plops his arms down on to his waist. "...I-I'm sorry 'bout... the..." he pauses to clear his throat then touhed his lips. He rubbed his lips then chuckles nervously. "A-Ahaha! T-There. D-Don't worry. I-I can pretend that kiss never happened. After all, it was just a bump."

My heart sank at hearing his words. My clenched fists earlier softened and plopped like useless daisies that just died. I raised a hand to stop him from talking then rubbed my lips with the back of my hand. "Yeah. It was just a bump."

****

Sooner when I got home, I plopped myself on the sofa, burying my face into the pillow I was hugging. There--I screamed to pour out all my emotions because of Jeremy.

Did he have to say those exact words?

I looked at my nails and realized I haven't updated these colors. It was time to change them--for distraction away from Jeremy. So, I climbed upstairs then got the needed materials and picked a new color; violet.

"Nashi, is that you, dear?" I heard Mom downstairs. And I could tell she just went home from groceries. She just placed the grocery bag down on the table when I came down.