Buy any nice scarves?

"Derek have you been to see Scott yet?" Stiles asked down the phone, mumbling slightly as he was brushing his teeth.

"No. I'm going to in a bit."

"Can you pick me up? I need to see him."

"I'll be there in 5."

Stiles hung up the phone and looked in the bathroom mirror. After a shower and a meal that wasn't vending machine food, he looked a lot better. The circles under his eyes were still prominent, but less so. His hair was still a mess, but it always was. The only way to treat it would be to cut it all off, and Stiles wasn't willing to go back to a buzzcut.

His dad was ok. The crushing weight that had sat on him for the past week had lifted, but an iron fist was still firmly clamped around his heart. He'd lost Malia. He'd lost Scott. But there was only one of those that he could fix.

When he heard Derek knock on the door, he braced himself for seeing his best friend for the first time since that day in the rain.

"Hey." Derek said as Stiles slid into the passenger seat of his car.

"Nice ride."

"Better than yours."

Stiles eyes grew sad as he thought of his broken jeep.

"My jeep will forever be better than this shiny thing. Good old lacrosse and old leather smell. Not this weird fake crap."

"Hey. Don't diss the car."

"Hello by the way." A voice piped up from the backseat.

"Isaac?!"

"The one and only."

"Good to see you buddy. How was France? Buy any nice scarves?"

"It was great to get away from your sarcasm for a while."

"I see the French didn't help much with the negativity did they?"

"Will you two shut up?"

When they pulled up to Scott's Stiles' heart was pounding. Derek heard this, and placed a hand on his arm. "It'll be ok Stiles."

Stiles flashed him a small smile and got out of the car. Derek knocked on the door.

Surprisingly, it was Lydia that opened it.

"Derek?"

"Lydia? I thought you were in some kinda coma."

"Lydia!" Stiles pushed past the werewolf and embraced the strawberry blonde in a back breaking hug. "You're ok!"

"Stiles you're ok!" She grinned, clutching his hair. "Is your dad ok? You look like shit."

"He's ok Lyds. He's gonna be ok."

Lydia breathed a sigh of relief and let Stiles go, a grin spreading across her face. "Deaton undid whatever thing Theo did to me. I'm ok now."

"Lydia you're in your pyjamas and you're wearing no makeup." Stiles raised an eyebrow. "You are not ok."

"Ok. I'm not ok but I'm getting better! I'm crashing at Scott's for a few days. Only got out of that coma thing yesterday. I also can't remember anything about how or why Theo did it."

"You'll be ok. We all will." Lydia gave Stiles another small hug.

"Is he here?" Lydia knew exactly who Stiles was talking about, and nodded, motioning for him to come inside.

"Wait, Derek? Isaac?"

"Hello." Isaac waved slightly.

"You're back. Finally!"

***

"Scott?"

"Yeah Lyds?"

"Can I come in?"

"Sure."

Lydia opened the door slightly and came into the room. She sat down next to Scott on the bed.

"Ok. Don't freak out."

"Hey Scott." Stiles stepped into his best friend's room. He had his hands in the pocket of his hoodie, pale skin looking even more white in the dark light of the room. Scott's heart stopped slightly when he saw his friend. He wanted to hug him right there. To apologise. To make sure his brother was ok.

"Stiles."

"Look Scott, I don't know what Theo told you but it's probably not true-"

"Did you kill Donovan?"

"Yes but-"

"Then I don't want to hear it."

Stiles' heart sank into his stomach. His worst fear was coming to life. Scott wasn't going to believe him.

"I swear I didn't mean for him to die. I just wanted to slow him down-"

"We can't kill people we're trying to save."

"Look Scott just listen to him-" Lydia looked frantically between the two.

"Stay out of it Lydia."

"I didn't want for him to die Scott. Please believe me."

"I... We don't kill people Stiles. You're a murderer."

The words hit Stiles like a dagger to the heart. He'd thought them so many times about himself. He knew it was true, but hearing them from someone he loved so much hurt more than anything.

Derek couldn't wait outside any longer. He charged into the room and slammed Scott into the wall, claws out. Isaac followed grudgingly.

"Will you just listen to him Scott?" He growled. The alpha shoved him back off him.

"Derek?"

"He's your best friend. No, he's more than that Scott- he's your brother. You need to trust him."

"What the hell Derek?"

"Damn it Scott, I've been gone for nine months!"

"Derek stop." Stiles tugged at his sleeve gently. "Can we just go?"

Derek nodded slightly, took one last glare at Scott, and left. Isaac stayed behind, to explain things to a very confused Alpha.

***

Thanks for reading!Comment and vote for a faster update :)