You Can Bank On Superman

HAPPY HARBOUR, RHODE ISLAND - May 25th

9:03PM

Desmond roared as he slammed his fist onto Superman's jaw, sending him hurtling through the small forest that grew around the mountain's base.

Superman flew through the area at a speed that overwhelmed even him as he bounced, rolled and broke through the forests countless trees and rock structures.

Before he could get up onto his throbbing, beaten legs, Desmond flew into him and caught him by the scruff of his suit, lifting him up into the air as Superman grunted in pain.

When Desmond was above Mount Justice, he looked Superman in his muscular, dirt-ridden face with annoyance.

"You said for me to test my powers, Superman!"

He palm-striked Superman and sent him flying into mountain, it's apex showering all over the forest below it.

Before Superman could recover, Desmond grabbed Superman by the clip of his cape.

"How can I test my powers if you don't fight back?!"

He punched him again and sent him flying into the ocean...

...But Superman recovered in mid-air, his eyes turning red...

******

The Justice League wasted no time rushing outside through the bay doors, followed by all the awestruck Young Justice members, with the exception of Kid Flash.

"Uhhhh..." Flash stammered. "Is this really happening..?"

"It seems so..." Aquaman replied, just as shocked.

They all stood there on the grassy mountainside watching as Superman, the Man of Steel, was being fought and overwhelmed by a boy who was practically nobody five hours ago.

Superboy looked at Batman.

"Aren't you going to do something about this?" he asked.

Batman stood, staring at the battle above them.

"No." he replied flatly.

Superboy stared at him with disbelieving eyes.

"He's getting overwhelmed!"

Batman pulled out the monitor he had from his belt and held it up in Desmond and Superman's direction.

"My King," Aqualad said to Aquaman. "Isn't there something you can do? We are near the Atlantic Ocean..."

Aquaman shook his head.

"I'm not sure I want to get involved in this..."

Wonder Woman rolled her eyes.

"Fine then, I'll-"

Before she could move, Batman grabbed her shoulder, not taking his eyes off of the monitor.

"Batman?! What are you-"

"Look at the readings, Diana." he said, holding the monitor at her face.

Wonder Woman picked the monitor up and stared at it in disbelief.

"What?!" she exclaimed. "But how?!"

Everyone else was completely confused, with Flash going so far as to look at the monitor over Wonder Woman's shoulder.

"What are you guys going on ab-Holy crap!!"

Flash snatched the monitor off Wonder Woman and stared at it like a moth at a streetlight.