Chapter 28: Lost City

UNEDITED...

DENISE

Tahimik kaming naglalakad ni Silver sa malawak na hallway. Alerto ang mga mata namin sa mga panganib na maaari naming harapin. I was not sure of what's waiting for me. Maybe this hallway might drag me in the depths of hell or maybe it might lead me to heaven. I steadied my breath. My heart was racing and I don't know if it's because of fear or excitement. Maybe both. I was carefully tracing and studying the ancient carvings. Nanonood lang sa 'kin si Silver.

"Do you know any of this?" I asked Silver. Maybe he know. He's from here. Siguro nakita na niya ito. I was silently hoping. He was an intelligent being.

"Just ancient scriptures about the door you have chosen," he answered. Binitawan niya ang kamay ko. He put his hands on the back of his head. He looks like a little boy who was just wandering around a park. Very calm and collected.

"What does it say? What did I choose? Is it bad?" kinakabahang tanong ko sa kanya.

"You said you will survive and you will escape death. There's nothing to fear then," Silver taunted. "Or are you afraid now, Master?" he asked grinning from ear to ear. I scowled because of his smart mouth.

"I still need to know. I need to prepare myself, Silver," nakasimangot na sabi ko.

"They will hurt you without notice. You will regret that you had trusted them. You will be left alone, broken and lost. And you will never know who to trust again," he said like he was reciting a riddle.

Kumunot ang noo ko. "And what does that mean? Fine. We entered a not so good door and you're just giving me more damned puzzles which makes my head ache." Nakarating kami sa loob ng isang malawak na silid. It was empty. May nakita pa akong isang pinto kaya humakbang ako patungo roon.

"They are not puzzles. You don't have to solve anything. They are already the answers. You just have to contemplate more and you will know what they truly mean," Silver said. Bago pa ako makapagtanong sa kanya upang maging malinaw ang lahat, nabalot na ng kadiliman ang buong silid. Nawala sa paningin ko si Silver. Umikot at nagbago ang kulay ng buong paligid.

Nasa loob na ako ng isang napakalaking dungeon. The air smelled metallic blood. Puno ng dugo sa paligid. I was standing there with my Crystal Bow. I gripped it tightly. Bakit ako narito? Ano'ng nangyayari? What door did I choose? Death? Danger? Destruction? Whatever it may be, I'm not backing down!

Nabalot ng puting usok ang buong paligid. Suddenly, a strong force send me flying away from where I'm standing. I was about to hit the wall but something stood behind me. Naramdaman ko ang nagbabadyang pag-atake nito. Agad akong humarap dito upang isangga ang Crystal Bow ko sa atake nito. The guy was holding a dangerous but elegant white sword. More like a katana. Malakas siya kaya tumalon ako palayo. Nakahanda na ang palaso ko upang atakihin siya pero natigilan ako. I noticed the familiar face. The expressive blue eyes. The cat ears and the nine beautiful white tails. He was not a child anymore. He was all grown-up. He was too handsome. His silky long white hair is quite a sight. Tila napakasarap nitong haplusin at hawakan. But right now, he's looking at me like I'm his prey.