Chapter 15.

Approximately Two Weeks Later
(Five Days Before Angel's 1st Bday Party)•

~Bethany~

"No, no! I said a six-layer Neapolitan cake with vanilla icing and pink and black decorations with a pink italic A on top." Niecy yelled into the phone. "How hard is that to remember?"

I picked up the hanger with Angel's birthday outfit on it and hung it in her closet, making sure to smooth her tutu down.

"Yes, finally! I need that cake delivered at 5 o'clock on the damn dot in five days or I'll buy you and your damn company. Have a nice day." She hung up.

I turned and shook my head at her.

"You didn't have to yell at that poor man Ni." I said, sitting criss-cross on Angel's floor to go over our checklist.

"Yes the hell I did. He gone try tell me I ordered a three-layer vanilla bean cake." She scoffed. "Better bake that damn cake right 'fore I blow that bakery up."

We shared a laugh before I looked down at the paper in front of me.

"Okay. Checklist. Food?"

"Casey's Catering. Check."

"Venue?"

"The most beautiful building in the A, check."

"Decorations?"

"Me and Jay are gonna go to the venue and decorate the day before Ang's party. Soooo...check!"

I nodded.

"Great. Entertainment?"

"I got the clown and the bounce houses already booked." She said, playing with her acrylic nails.

"Okay what about adult music? You know my grandma likes to dance."

"Yeah yeah. I know. That's the big surprise. I got-"

My phone went off before she could finish her sentence.

I smiled when I saw Nathan's picture and name flash across the screen.

"It's Nathan ain't it?" Niecy asked, smirking.

I held up a finger and stood up, walking out of the room.

"Hello?"

"Gooood morning beautiful."

My smile widened.

"Goodmorning Nathan."

"What are you doing today?"

"Probably just going over details for Ang's party with Niecy all day. What about you?"I walked into my bedroom and spread across my bed.

"I was hoping to take a certain someone out today."He replied.

"Where exactly would you be taking a certain someone?"I said, playing along.

Niecy quietly walked in and stood in front of the full-length mirror mounted on my wall, fluffing her hair a bit.

I rolled my eyes.

I knew her nosey ass was just trying to eavesdrop.

"I was thinking we could go see a movie, if that certain someone would agree."

Niecy walked closer to my bed and began fixing the covers.

I busted out laughing.

"Is that a no?" Nathan asked, chuckling.

I tried to calm down so I could answer him.

"Sorry. I was laughing at Niecy trying to be slick and eavesdrop on our conversation." I smirked at her.