~1~

Max's POV- 

I finally got all my stuff settled and put away in my shitty little apartment, but I don't have much money to buy nice and pretty things, so this will have to do for now. I don't want to get a job at a fast food place, so that drops a lot of job options for me and I will not start fighting again. Fighting is a drug to me, if I start again, I won't be able to stop.

I flop down on my springy bed and stare at the plain, colorless walls. I think about the new, fresh start I presented myself, but I can only think I'm going to fuck it up and mess everything up again. No one knew me, didn't have a fact about me whatsoever.

I smiled.

No one knew me.

School starts tomorrow and I don't have time to get any of the supplies I need, so I guess I'm going to be the unprepared new girl. Thankfully I moved during the summer so I'm not walking in halfway through the school year. 

The hard part of this is going to be restraining myself from pouring out my hate for people tomorrow. I can only pray that this school is going to better than my last.

~

My alarm blared in my ear and I groggily got out of bed showing no motivation or life. I go to the bathroom to take a shower, the cold water making my body cringe for a minute before relaxing into it. Using my strawberry shampoo and cucumber-melon body wash I probably made myself smell like a produce section at a grocery store.

I was done in ten minutes. I walked out into my room and ended up throwing on a dark pair of blue skinny jeans and a white v-neck shirt. After that I brush and dry my hair and put on minimal make up.

Walking into my kitchen, I planned on eating a pop-tart, but quickly realized I didn't have any food. I huffed and shoved on my converse and my black form fitting leather jacket.

I looked at the table and decided on which set of keys to grab. Motorcycle or shitty ass car that might fall apart going over a speed bump? 

Motorcycle. Obviously.

I grab my helmet and walked out of the apartment. Before I knew it, I was on the road heading towards my new high school. Whoop. So exciting. 

As I drove to the back of parking lot and took my helmet off, I noticed everyone that was around was staring t me with curious or strange looks. I just brushed them off as walked to the door with confidence, even knowing I should be keeping a low profile, it's hard to when you are almost arrogant with your pride.

Right when I made it through the door, I started looking for the front office and, well, failed. I felt someone come up behind me, I instinctively balled my fists as I turned around.  I plastered a fake smile on my face  hoping it was convincing enough. 

"Hi! I'm Geena! You must be new here. Follow me, the office it this way!" she smiled and started to lead the way. 

"Thanks... I guess," I mumbled as I trailed behind her looking around as I did so.

"What's your name?" the girl- Geena -asked.

"Max," I replied with slight caution.

"Just Max?" Geena questioned as we continued to walk

"It's short for Maxine, but don't ever call me that," I stated roughly.

She look mildly shocked at my tone but quickly said, "Okay, I'll remember that."

We got to the office seconds later and walked in and was greeted by an older lady sitting behind a desk. Her short curly hair bounced around as she shuffled papers. When the lady looked up she smiled.