Chapter 50

A'leah

"That was a great sermon Reverend Ceaser. I really enjoyed it." I smiled.

"I'm glad you did suga. You take care of that bun in the oven." She grinned.

"I will."

She gave me a hug and we went our separate ways. August grabbed my hand and pecked my lips.

"I'm hungry as hell baybeh." He pouted.

"Uncle Aug das' a cuss word." Kay-Kay said.

"No it's not. It's in the bible."

"Mommy, is hell in the bible? Uncle
Aug said it and I said it's a cuss word."

"It depends on how you use it baby. Go get in the car so we can head to Maw-Maw's." Cha instructed.

Kay-Kay kissed my cheek and ran to the car with Chay and Mya following behind her.

"Mommy. I go wiff gwandma pease." Mason asked.

"Me too." Miracle giggled.

"Meeee twee!" Aiden smiled.

"Go ahead."

"Yay!" The giggled.

I watched them run to Mama Sheila's car and mess with the girls. I shook my head. They are a mess.

"You look so cute pregnant boo." She cooed.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"I see you August looking all suave." She complimented.

"Yeah I know. I look good as always." He smirked, as he popped his imaginary collar.

I laughed and shook my head. "Don't get cocky big head."

"I'a know what else b-"

"So do I but I know what's bigger." I whispered in his ear.

He bit his lip and chased me to the car. I ran around the Range Rover, making sure he couldn't see me. I felt his arms grab me from behind and kiss my cheek.

"I love you baybeh."

"I love you more baybeh." I mocked as I pecked his lips.

He helped me into the car and walked around to his side, getting in.

"Y'all cut it out. Being nasty on the Lord's ground. Don't make me get my belt." Maw-Maw threatened.

"Yes ma'am."

"Aight Maw, get in the car." August chuckled.

"Getcho ass out and help me in boy. I got men from the congregation watching me hurry up."

I laughed. August shook his head, got out, helped Maw-Maw in and got back in the car.

"We'll trail you August!" Mama Sheila yelled.

"Aight!" August yelled back.

He made sure nothing was coming before he drove off with Mama Sheila trailing behind us.

"Did Cha and the girls ride with Mama Sheila Maw-Maw?" I asked.

"Yes. Don't think I don't see you glowing gal." She smirked.

"Maw-Maw I have a natural glow." I said, feeling my cheeks getting hot.

"Yeah mhm. You don't have ta' lie baybeh, Maw-Maw knows. I had that same glow when I slept with deacon Johnson."

"Maw-Maw you slept with deacon Johnson?"

"Yes I did. That would have been August's granpa."

"Maw-Maw das' nasty. I'on wanna hea' that." August groaned.