Chapter 3.

Aaron Rhowen's P.O.V

Through my open compartment door, I see Alice, dressed in her finest blue silk dress, and her boyfriend walking hand-in-hand down the aisle. Draco eyes up any guy who even looks at her. When his eyes meet mine, he shines me his famous dark smile. I give him a glare back as he passes our door.

"I've never hated a person more than I hate Malfoy," I grumble. Beside me, Jake snorts.

"Who honestly likes that blond-haired little creep?" Jake asks, running his fingers through his dark brown hair. From across the hall, I see a group of girls looking at us and giggling. Jake winks at them, making them all blush and explode in chatter.

"Alice is just as bad as him," I shake my head.

I'd rather have any other girl as a sister, than her. She's bringing the name 'Rhowen' down every time she's seen with Malfoy. If I wasn't biologically programmed to have love in my heart for her, I would hate her. But, I can't.

I am forced to remember little, baby Alice. Sure, she was a trouble-maker as a child, but she was still innocent. My parents still had high hopes for her. We used to be inseparable. We're only a year apart, so we grew up at the same time. When I went to Hogwarts, I used to love coming home and telling her all about it. She dreamed of becoming a Gryffindor with me.

I'd write her letters and letters, sending her Gryffindor scarves, sweaters and flags. They were hung up in her room as she awaited her Hogwarts acceptance letter.

The day of the sorting hat is a day I try to forget... I sat there, with the other second-year Gryffindors. I watched anxiously, to see Alice being placed. She gave me an excited smile before sitting down. Professor Dumbledore recognized her and watched anxiously too.

The Sorting Hat said, very confidently.

"It has been years since I've felt a power so strong. I remember your parents being the same way, Alice," The next words shocked us all, "Slytherin!"

My blood froze and I didn't applaud. Many teachers don't applaud as well, they look around, confused. Even Dumbledore's eyes widen.

Alice met my eyes and she looked as if she was going to cry. She could read my emotion easily: disappointment.

"I have to disagree. I believe your sister is just caught up in a powertrip. She's not really all that bad." He tries to reassure me.

"Oh, shove it. You know as well as I do that she's no good," I snort. I know Jake's trying to make me feel better, but it's useless, really.

                                                                         Alice's P.O.V

We get off the train and search for people we know. Several other Slytherin students wave goodbye to us as they leave with their parents.

And much to my surprise, Draco's parents are waiting near the back of the crowd of people. Narcissa has a slight smile on her face as we approach them. Lucius just looks distracted, almost matching Draco's expression exactly.

"Hello, Alice," Narcissa greets me as she gives Draco a hug. He barely hugs her back, but watches his father carefully. "We're glad to have you stay with us for the holidays," She says, politely.

"Thank-you, again," I smile and nod.

Lucius leads us out of the train station and takes us into a near forest. I hold my nice dress up, to be sure not to ruin it. Narcissa is dressed in a long, black, flowing gown. She does the same as me.