Chapter 13- Tris

Everything in my body hurts. I am either cramped, sore, or bruised. My heart is crushed, and I don't think I can handle the death serum. Under this much pain already, I cannot take another load.

I didn't sleep very well in the night, I was too anxious for what would happen today.

David walks into the room once again with just one scientists holding a syringe. The scientists approached me and them prepares my skin for the injection. David smiles, and he talks to me, to distract me from the preparation.

"How are you Tris?" I scowl.

"A lot better before you came in." He frowns.

"Now what did I say about back talking missy?"

He raises a hand to slap me when the scientist says, "It's all ready sir." David nods, and I am glad that the scientists spared me some pain, even though I was about to experience a lot more. And the syringe enters my skin. I howl in pain, as the serum's powers take effect.

First, I lose feeling in my lower half of my body. I am starting to get dizzy. Then, my body trembles, in shock. I feel all of my memories slipping quickly away, as I start trembling slower and slower until I come to a complete stop. My heart rate is slowing, and it is hard to breathe. I suddenly feel the urge to just close my eyes, and let go. The pain is making me crazy, and I want to just have peace. But one memory I held onto was Tobias. I will not die before I see him again. I hold into those words, as air is no longer available. I tell myself that I can withstand the torture. I am divergent. I am diverge... I am div... I am di... I am dying...No! I am Divergent! will survive this!

Suddenly, I get a surge of energy, and I kick David, standing over my bed, in the gut with all of my might. It feels good to hear his howl, even though it would cost me a slap or too. But he does something different to me. He releases my restraints and forces me to stand towards a wall.

Then, he takes out his belt and slaps me against the back.

"This is a little something I learned from watching Marcus." His mouth curls into a small grin.

It hurts so much. I can't believe how strong Tobias was when his father did this to him. He wasn't even striking my bare back! He repeats it several times, in different places. Sometimes my shoulders, and different areas of my back. Then, he makes me turn around, and he says, "You asked for it." He raises his belt and strikes me hard in the face, and I fall, crippling to the ground.

A/N:
Sorry that this chapter was a little cheesy with the Marcus reference. But future chapters will be better!

I can't believe this has almost gotten 500 views! Wow! Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think! :)