Chapter 21

I finished taking a shower and dressed up. I wore a casual and relaxed look. I didn't want to look too casual or overly prepared. Aki had never seen me in normal clothes.

Why am I so conscious of what he thinks?

I shouldn't really care.

I went straight down right away since Aki was probably waiting for too long.

Haru: Hey, Aki! How long have you been waiting? I'm so sorry. Hideki, what are you telling him?!

Hideki: Um...ah...nothing!

Hideki immediately ran away to his room.

Haru: Was he bothering you? He's an odd kid. Sometimes, I think that he is an old person trapped in a kid's body. Still, he is super cute, huh?

Aki: Yea, he's really cute...just like you.

Haru: Um....thanks...you shouldn't say embarrassing things...like that.

I led Aki upstairs to my room. The staircase was a bit narrow and I warned Aki about the ceiling. He was too tall for it, and he needed to watch out for his head or else he would get hurt. I opened the door to my room, and I could see Aki's excitement. It was probably mesmerizing for him to see a middle class home and my middle class room. Tsk, rich kids...I thought to myself.

Haru: Here we are in my humble room. Please excuse its tininess.

My room is small. I can only fit my twin bed, my desk and my small TV set for my video games. I wanted to buy an electric piano to learn how to play, but I didn't think I would have enough space for it. Plus, I didn't have money for it anyway.

Aki: Wow! You're so clean and organized.

I was so proud of myself for cleaning my mess just in time. Aki might think differently of me if he saw the state of my room yesterday. It was full of dirty clothes everywhere. My BL books were scattered on the ground. I even made my bed today...which I never had done before...

Haru: Yea, I'm just a very clean and organized person.

I softly laughed and looked on the side. I knew I was lying through my teeth.

Haru: So, what do you want to do? We can watch a movie or play video games.

Aki: Hmm...we can play video games first. What games do you have?

Haru: Ah, sure. You can look through here.

I showed him the shelf for my games. He started looking through them. Personally, I like playing RPGs, sandbox and arcade games. I don't like first person shooter games. It makes me dizzy.

Aki: Hmm... You don't like FPS (first player shooter) games, huh?

Haru: How did you know?

Aki: You don't have any...

He laughed really hard.

Haru: I just don't like it. Don't get me wrong, I gave it a chance. But when I play those types of games, I start getting nauseous.

Aki: I see...that's too bad. Well, I love FPS...

He paused for a bit and continued going through my games.

Aki: We can play this game. I love this game! I'm really good at it. How about a match?

He picked that arcade game...I liked playing it but I wasn't really good at it. I just randomly smashed buttons.

Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.

Haru: Sure...

______________________

We played the game for about an hour, and I was already getting tired. My hands were sore for smashing the buttons way too hard. I kept on losing, and Aki kept on boasting how good he was.

Aki: One more match, come on. Let's go. Pick your character already!

Haru: Okay, okay...hold on.

I heard the front door opened. It was probably my mom. I wanted to play a different game but Aki was way into it.

Misa: Haru, I'm home. Can you help me prepare snack for you and your friend?

I heard my mom's loud voice downstairs.

Haru: That's my mom. Aki, I'll be back. I'm going to help my mom prepare some snacks, okay?

Aki: Ah, okay. I'll go against the AI while waiting for you. Don't mind me.

I put down my controller and left the room. I wasn't entirely sure if it was a good idea to leave him alone.

I have so many dark secrets in there such as my—never mind. I don't think Aki is that type of person to look through someone's private stuff.

I greeted my mom and took the grocery bags from her. I headed to the kitchen and started preparing our snacks.

_____________________

My mom brought fruits and pastries. I was helping her out by peeling the fruits and cutting the pastries into smaller pieces.

Misa: So... who is this guy?

Haru: He is just a friend...mom. Please don't think of anything else...I know how you are...with these kinds of things.

Misa: Uh, huh...I want to see how he looks like. I want to know who I should root for....this new guy or Usagi. I guess I have to see for myself later...

Haru: Mom, stop! Don't do anything embarrassing.

Misa: Why do you have to be like that! I'm just a concerned mother. I just want the best for you.

Haru: Okay, mom...

Right now, I'm just hoping that my mom will not do or say anything stupid. I think she gets entertainment by teasing me. Sometimes, I'm not sure if she is really concerned or just wants to pry on my personal business—most likely, both of these reasons are valid.

I organized the fruits and pastries on the plate.

Misa: Wow, it looks so appetizing. You are such a wife-y material, Haru!

She patted my back and made those annoying, laughing and giggling sounds. I didn't want to disrespect her by saying anything. I just rolled my eyes and headed back to my room.

___________

I opened the door, and much to my surprise...

Haru: AKI?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!