Help, I'm Kidnapped!

“Julienne!” My best friend, Angel, shouted from outside of my room.

     “What?” I groaned, after checking the time and sliding my phone back on my nightstand.

     “Let me in!” She yelled, knocking on the door, “Come on! We talked about this hours ago!”

     I sighed, knowing there was no use in fighting her. I slowly dragged myself from the comfortable sheets of my bed and opened the door wide enough for her to squeeze through. She smiled before bouncing inside.

     “We are going to Tristan’s party and I want you ready in ten minutes.” She demanded, causing me to glare at her.

     “But – Tristan’s a player and you know what happens to his parties!” I complained, hoping to change her mind. I wanted nothing more than to stay home.

     “Tristan is my boyfriend,” She just had to defend him against my comment. “You’re just jealous because you don’t have one,” She retorted before sticking her tongue out. I shook my head, laughing.

     I looked up at Angel, taking in her appearance. She was pretty with her shoulder-length blonde hair and her petite figure mixed well with her creamy vanilla skin tone. She wore a black tube and mini-skirt that seemed to go higher every time she moved. She did look like an angel, except when you decided to go against her. If that ever happened, you would get to see her raging demon side.

     “Angel, why can’t you just go and, I don’t know, leave me here since you guys are going to make out the entire time?” I whined, before sitting on the edge of my bed. She didn't give me a chance to compromise with her before she pulled out her signature “cute look”- pouted lips, bigger eyes, and warmer cheeks.

     She batted her eyelashes before begging, “Please Julienne?”

     Oh God, she knows how to play me with that. I can't help but to love cute things and – people. I seriously don’t know why I can’t pull off the same stunt as her.

     “Fine,” I gave in after a minute of debating, “But you are my ride. If you get it on with Tristan, I’m not going with you to anymore parties.”

     Angel squeaked and hugged me. I couldn't help but laugh, “You know that I still need to get ready right?”

     “Oh yes, yes, I’ll help you!” She grinned, showing her pearly white teeth.

     She rummaged through her make-up bag, grabbing the first thing she came across. She lightly applied it to my face since I’m not a fan of dark make-up. As much as possible, I just wanted to stay the way that I am.

     After she powdered my face, she stepped back giving me a once-over, “You’re really lucky that you’re going to be a part of the modeling workshop industry.”

     It was something that not a lot of people know about me, but I was a soon-to-be model for this private workshop in this small town I’m living in, as impossible as it may seem. I was shocked when I was approached in the streets by one of their Reps who stated that I had a perfect figure and the “it” look that they were looking for. It didn't take long before I got a call back and by that time I had convinced myself that it was a good idea, only because I needed to help my family.

     Unfortunately, I was still under-aged for the job. In addition, I wasn’t that tall but they thought it was cute. I’ll just have to work out on how to model I turned to the right age.

     “I wouldn't have even taken it if we had enough money to send James to the rehab center,” I said. Thinking of James was hard.

     My brother, James, joined fraternity once he started college that led him down the road to an addiction of drugs. He was so far gone that the only responsible choice was to send him to rehab. With my mom painting at home and my dad working at a company as a messenger, money was a hard thing to come by. I did what I had to do for him, no matter how much I didn't like it.