Chapter 12

A/N: two updates in one day! Yay! Vote for the last chapter because that was the first update :) and don't forget to vote and comment on this chapter either <3 enjoyyyyy.

I ran the fastest I could go.

I dodged trees, I jumped over the set up traps, and I didn't stop.

It was all time just to focus.

With Trent's wolf speed he was immediately ahead of me. That cheater.

But I was suddenly right next of him.

"Hey Trent!" I smirked when he nearly tripped.

"H-how?" He stuttered.

I shrugged my shoulders.

We both stopped abruptly.

My breathing slowed down and my body froze.

"I'm going to kill him." He growled.

In front of us must have been the last test.

Trees blocked our path, small and big branches, kind of like impossible stairs to climb. We had to climb over the trees.

"Maybe we can move them." Trent mumbled. "I'm not really good at climbing."

"Me either." I agreed.

I couldn't climb for shit.

"We aren't monkeys." Trent snapped.

I snorted. True very true.

Trent looked around, trying to find another way out.

He then proceeded to move a branch. But it was definitely held together and wouldn't budge a bit.

We looked at each other and nodded.

This race wasn't over.

I grabbed the first branch and it was rough and firm in my hand.

But when my foot tried to balance itself on another one, it wasn't sturdy and I fell.

This was dangerous. Too risky.

I looked up and Trent was only a couple feet ahead.

I can't do this.

Yes you can Amelia.

My head snapped around. What was that?

I'm Serenity. Your cheetah. Said a soft, and powerful girls voice in my head.

My jaw dropped. Impossible.

I'm going crazy.

No. But you will go crazy if you don't win. Trent's wolf is way ahead of us.

I shook my head and sure he already was.

A thought came to my mind. But if I'm a cheetah we are only meant to run fast.

Serenity chuckled. We are part cat Amelia. How do cats escape dogs?

And a smirk grew on my face.

We climb.

My nails expanded and it only stung.

We will need this to hold a grip. Now hurry, I won't loose to this mutt.

The adrenaline was back. We need to win.

My nails clung to the trees gracefully and I swung to each branch without a problem. I almost slipped but with my instincts I jumped to the next branch. My nails saving me in the process.

When I passed Trent and jumped down to the other side with no problems. His face was priceless.

Trent sent me a lazy smirk and as he went down he changed into his wolf form and zoomed passed me.

Cheater! Serenity hissed.

Fine. Two can play at this game. Run Amelia, run the fastest you can!

So I did, I was only a few feet behind him when the finish line was straight ahead.

A sound of cracking filled the air and I groaned out in agonizing pain. Discomfort filled my body, but it was soon replaced with a power I never felt before. This didn't stop me. In fact it encouraged me to go faster.

We will win. Serenity vowed.

I was running on all 4 legs. Or should I say paws. I zipped right passed Trent's wolf.

In my cheetah form.

When I hit the finish line, Trent was way behind me. He slowed down from shock.

The air was thick, and deadly silent as the guys gaped at us. Curiously ate me alive.

Curiosity killed the cat. Serenity said.

I smiled. Thank god I have nine lives.

Serenity stepped up, overpowering me.

Trent was gasping for breath and plopped down next to me.

"I am Serenity. The lost cheetah. I believe we have some things to discuss, and a prize to get?"