Chapter 8

Riley sat there staring at me. All expression was wiped off his face as the last word left my mouth. I regret saying anything. I have such a big mouth.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I have to go." Riley's voice was deep and cold.

He made a move to get up, causing me to fling against the other end of the couch. No more words were exchanged as he got up and stalked toward the door. Every muscle in his body was obviously tensed and he didn't look back as he walked out, slamming the door behind him.

Now realising I was holding my breath till now I blew out and sucked back in, beginning to gasp in need of oxygen. Tears fell down my face. I thought trust was developing between us. There's nothing though. I was just used as a booty call. He's probably completely satisfied! He got dinner and entertainment. Well I guess now he'll leave me alone. I never planned on letting plan D go this far.

I get up from the couch and go upstairs to my room. I walk into my bathroom and open the cupboard, taking out my sleeping pills. I take two and crawl into bed, sleep takes me before I even have time to think.

-----------------

I walk into my class once again and sit in the back corner. I set my laptop down and open everything, ready for class to begin. Professor Galleon walks in and begins his lecture on the history of journalism. I look around the room noticing Riley's absence. I feel my stomach swell and my heart drop as I realise that Sam is also missing.

Whatever. This is what I wanted. I don't like him.

You love him.

Really ? No I don't.

Yes... you do.

Bloody hell, I must be crazy. I'm hearing a damn voice in my head. We keep arguing. There is no way I'm in love with him, no way that I would allow myself any more pain.

"Alright, class dismissed." Professor's voice cut into my conversation... with myself.

My jaw drops. There is no way I just missed the whole class. It felt like a second not an hour!

I pack my things up and go to the cafeteria. After my hour for lunch I have a photography class to attend and then I'm done for the day. I grab something to eat and then go outside spotting Anna and the gang sitting down. She looks up at me and just as I smile and go to walk over she shakes her head and looks away. Shocked, I stop and look around her table. Everyone is there... including Riley and Sam, though they are only taking up one seat. Sam is sitting on Riley as they attack each other with their lips and hands. My throat clogs up from my refusal to cry. This guy will not bring me down. Hell no. Even though he opened my heart, and got me to finally feel. No one from the table will look at me, not even Noah.

I turn and go to a different table, my face filled with hurt. The people I thought were my friends were pretending. They were helping Riley. No one likes me. No one wants me.

I pick at my food, longing to go home and release the pain I'm feeling. I hear Sam giggle and I turn around seeing Riley's head in-between her breasts, giving her open mouthed kisses.

Fuck him. I'm not some broken little girl. I'm a grown woman.

Realisation hits me with all the weight in the world. I can play his game. Time for Plan F. My objective has now changed; no longer will I try to make him leave me alone. Now it's time to make him jealous and sorry for what he did to me. Not that I care...

Looking out at the field full of University students I seek out an attractive guy.

Not even on the same level as Riley...