Courage

I was sitting and chatting with Ginny in the compartment we picked, I asked her to be as far as it could be away from her brother's. She told me how the moment she saw Harry again, all the feelings returned to her, and now she wasn't sure about Dean. I told her that only time will tell what will happen between her and both the guys, but of course who was I to tell her that. Just by feeling Fred's presence all sort of emotions battled inside of me, I didn't need time, but answers. I liked the way his hair was this year, made him seem more grown up and of course handsome. But it didn't matter, he was with another, which meant he moved on. Something I had to do, but still I wasn't ready for it. I feared I will never be ready to completely forget about him, or even worse, never allow myself to be with someone else.

"I'll go change, you better do too." Ginny's words got my attention back and I gave her a nod before she walked outside.

I waited for her to come back since we were alone in our compartment and no one could watch our bags if we both went to change at the same time.

"Why didn't you change?" She asked as she walked in.

"I had to watch our bags, I'll go now."

  Walking outside the cabin, I took the way to the changing rooms. Passing by the other compartments I spotted George and we exchanged waves, but I didn't bother to stay and chat with him.

  Opening the door of the changing room my eyes widened in shock.

"Sorry." I managed to apologize and shut the door. But the image of Fred shagging Angelina on the wall was still in front of me. Everything around me seemed to move in slow motion, my heartbeat was ringing in my ears and my breaths weren't constant. I rested my back on the door and placed my palm on my forehead having a feeling for fever.

"Hey, are you alright there?" Someone called from the distance, I blinked few times to focus my vision.

"Yes... yes I am, excuse me." I quickly answered and got in the male changing room.

  I rushed to change my clothes, because I realized I was in the wrong changing room and a guy just stood out and probably waited for me. Gossip of the day! The Ravenclaw student, Paige Daniels, was in the male changing room, due to the fact she spotted her ex shagging his new girlfriend.

  Opening the door after being changed and peeked out to see no one there. Quickly, with eyes pinned to the floor I walked back in my cabin.

"Merlin's beard, Paige. Are you alright?" Ginny jumped from her seat and came to me with a concerned look on her face.

"I think I'll need to obliviate my memories..." I whispered as I sat down.

"What happened?" I was about to answer when a boy opened the door of our compartment.

Looking up at him I was completely stunned by his appearance. A typical Slytherin, but a very charming one. He was a last year student, I knew it because we've had classes together, but nothing more. I didn't even know his name.

"Take it." He reached out, holding a chocolate bar in his hand.

Of all the odds, I never expected a Slytherin to be kind towards someone from the other houses, more over a muggleborn.

"It's not poisoned! Take it, you'll feel better." He added in annoyed tone, after noticing how I doubted his kind manners.

"Thank you..." I mumbled and took the chocolate bar.

With that he walked away, leaving me and Ginny stare at each other for a while, until she broke the silence.

"Who was he?" She asked, while pointing with her thumb behind her back at the direction he went.

"I have no idea, Ginny..." Looking down at the chocolate I began to debate with myself if I should eat it or not and slowly it started to melt in my fingers, so I quickly put it in my mouth and prepared for the worse, but nothing happened.

  For the rest of the ride I told Ginny what I saw that made me look like I've just seen a ghost and I must say she was shocked as well. But before she could start describing him with unkind words we arrived. She went to her group of friends and took the way to the castle, while I looked around the place like a lost child. Memories of how Cedric picked me up at the exact same place last year flew in my mind and sadness took over me. I realized that this year I was on my own, I knew I had Ginny and Hermione, but Cedric was something they would never be with me, even if they were my best friends.   Looking around I spotted the guy from Slytherin with his friends talking and laughing about something, and then our eyes met. Feeling cold breeze from his ice blue eyes I looked away, embarrassed that I stared. And then I saw him... Fred Weasley getting off the train with his girl, with a huge satisfied grin on his face. I watched them walk to the wagon waiting for them to leave for the castle. How much I wished he could get on the wagon in my heart, waiting for him to leave it. I felt how my vision became blurry again and how weak I was around him, but this had to come to an end. This year I will be strong! I gave myself courage and took my way to the castle.